Why is it an assumption pretty girls always have a bf?

I am getting really pissed off when people especially guys assume I have a boyfriend just because of my looks. Like there is more to me than my looks. I am doing well in my life. But no one descent ever shows an interest in me. All rejects e. g. dsyfuctional or addicts of some sort. I REFUSE to lower my expectations because I am not desperate and I expect a lot out of myself so I expect the same in a partner. I will never and mean never try online dating. I attract enough crazy guys in real life. I am fucking tired of it. Why can't I attract someone normal in my life? I am normal so what gives? I don't think dating is everything in life. But I am getting EXTREMELY tired of being single. No one ever asks me out or anything. What is wrong with me? Suggestions would helpful.

Most Helpful Guy

• why dont you try initiating sometime?

What Guys Said 13

• It has to do with what we see. The dating world of a guy and of a girl can be very different.

Let me give you two examples:

If you and I would join up on a dating site within 2 hours your inbox would be full of guys wanting to date you without you even lifting a finger. And mine would be totally empty. I would have to send a 100 emails just to get one reply.

If you and I would go to a club you would be approached by many guys. But if I am really really reeeeeaallly lucky I might be approached by one girl. And I would have to approach many girls to find even one that wants to talk to me.

I'm just trying to show the differences for a woman and for a man. We know you have so much choice so we assume you have a boyfriend. What we don't see is that the quality of men you get offered might not be all that good. Two of my prettiest female friends have no boyfriend while they really want one. But everybody assumes they have one plus 20 others just in case the current boyfriend is sent away. So the guys kind of stay away from them.

Also realise is that we guys look so confident but we are not that confident. Guys often think that a pretty girl is out of their league. So they don't approach those girls and go for a girl that is not as pretty.

It's hard to advise you because I don't know you at all. But i can say this:
    What I notice from some of my pretty female friends is that they look less inviting. Kind of a distant look on their face and that makes them hard to approach. They would get approached more times if they would smile more or try to make eye contact themselves with a guy. Or even better do the approaching themselves. Guys would love that.

Hope this helps a bit.

• Your standards are too high and you are unapproachable and unappealing as a result, except to the 'rejects' who figure they have nothing to lose in trying.

• Okay thank you. It makes perfect sense!

• I know it sounds harsh, but you could either be perceived as a bitch due to having a conceited attitude, or you could come across as being out of their league and guys are figuring you'll just reject them because you're better than them.

By all means have standards, but whatever you're doing now isn't working so try relaxing them (and yourself) a bit and see what happens! Good luck.

• Lmao. You are not the first to tell me that me :-)

• Something about how you come off probably makes the decent guys you're after hesitant to approach you. This of course doesn't affect the "rejects" that hit on you either way hoping to get lucky

• Cause they're too physically appealing to be out there living life.

• try approaching yourself that way you can select normal guys

• Try asking guys out. Don't just sit around and wait for things to happen.

• Sadly the ones I'd even consider are already taken but they wouldn't mind having a fling with me!

• Soooooo is your question

A) why do guys assume pretty girls have a bf?
    B) why can't you attract someone normal?
    C) why are you still single?

You seem to all over the map here.

• Because they're pretty?

• They're insecure and feel most women are out of their league.

• That's life son

• ahahhahahaah nah

wot if she likes her freedom?

• I dunno, ever seen a piping hot delicious looking chicken sandwich just randomly kick it on a plate?

• Excuse me.. You are calling yourself beautiful?

What Girls Said 9

• Maybe you aren't approached because you give the impression that you think you're better than these people? But I also think the creepy guys are more likely to approach any girl because ya know, they don't mind seeming creepy. Other guys are more conscious of it.

• They assume you have guys throwing themselves at you so you should have one by now. I get it too but I see it more of a compliment and most guys say it as a compliment like, "so who's the lucky guy?". Don't take it negatively.

• Because there is a stereotype for everything unfortunately.

• What exactly is stopping you from approaching guys yourself you deem worthy?

• My insecurity.

• So by that logic, you don't think men are allowed to be insecure? You're complaining about nobody approaching you because of the belief that attractive people are already taken, yet you're just as guilty of making assumptions about men and fearing to approach them.

Pretty counter productive and kinda hypocritical, to be honest.

• Because your milkshake brings all the boys to the yard.

• Because people assume that attractive people get approached often.

• You've answered you're own question. You've asked why guys don't ask you out. You said guys assume you are taken because of your looks.
    There's your answer.
    Maybe try make yourself look more available, flirt, approach guys.

• i get this too...

• cause they're and they can't turn down every single guy that approach them.

• Okay. I have been told I am intimidating.

• being intimidating can be a good thing sometimes... you want guys... people period to take you seriously so i dont see that as a bad thing