Have you ever dated/liked a guy who was complacent/passive/shy?

The reason I asked because there's this guy I really like but he is a bit slow when it comes to dating. Not really great at flirting, somewhat timid. Don't mean to sound like I'm criticizing him in fact I like that he's not super forward/aggressive and doesn't come on to strong, but it be nice to see him come out of his shell and be more vocal and expressive. I usually have to initiate and he will reciprocate back. It be great if he would initiate every now and then.

If any guys are reading this what can I do to reassure him that I really like him and for him to open up a little more to me? Any tips?

Most Helpful Guy

• Well he looks like. one. of those guyz who fall in true love or one women guy type.. the more u will push the more he will back off.. just stay normal let him do the work...

• Yes he is. I could tell by his personality. He's different but in a good way thanks for commenting!

• @asker dong give up on him... thats what I would say... coz its gonna take time... if u still can't wait anymore... face him... tell him.. or send him the link of this question.. good luck..

• Thank you for the MHO

What Guys Said 6

• I'm the shy passive guy in the relationship.

• Is there anything I can do for him to open up to me?

• get to know him better, and build a connection with him.

• So far that's what I've been doing and giving him lots of space. Thanks for your insight.

• do what he likes to do, laugh at the shittiest shit, tell him about your secrets. ... then he would be more conformable with you.. and your environment. ... hf..

• I'm that kind of guy, and I feel it's a major reason why I haven't had a relationship yet. I'd say try to befriend him, do some stuff together every once in a while. He should start opening up eventually.

• no... never happened :)

• Yes! Wait, no!

• i guess i'd start opening up once i know that she really is interested. thats it

What Girls Said 2

• I kind of had a thing with a guy who was very shy and insecure and who wasn't vocal or forward at all. He always reciprocated when I made moves but ultimately it was too much work because he would never meet me halfway so I eventually just gave up. I don't know if there's a way to make these people come out of their shells. I think sometimes it just takes time and if you're willing to just keep doing all the work and hope he eventually comes out of his shell then power to you. I waited like 6 months and then it just wasn't worth it anymore.

• Try over a year... And still not actual date.

• Yes, it gets a bit frustrating at times, but I really like him. We have a lot of things in common and honestly never met anyone like him which is what keeps me going. Thanks for sharing your experience and insight :)

• not really no.