Is he objectifying me or he just gives me compliments like normal guys?

I'm dating a guy at the moment. we already slept together. he always says stuff like im so sexy and he is incredibly attracted to me and he finds me irresistible and the likes. whenever i post new pictures on my social media he always compliments them but in a sexual way like your body looks so hot in that dress or ur legs look great etc. we texts during the day and we talk about everything other stuff but the conversations usually get sexual by him . when we meet up he's back to normal and polite and we get along well . do you think that he is objectifying me or im just overthinking it?

Most Helpful Girl

• well since u already slept together and I'm guessing he isn't ur boyfriend officially... [not sure], i think he's just going to hold that sexual value to you.
    when ur not with him, his imagination may take over and of course his strongest memory will be the visuals he saw when you slept together.

look hun, a lot of guys objectify women, whether they sleep with them or not. the only way to tell whether he's true to you is if he can be romantic with you, and not only sexy.

What Guys Said 3

• I don't think he's objectifying you, cause he doesn't show signs that he treats you like an object, but I do feel like he likes your body more than he likes your personality, or perhaps he thinks you rather get compliments on your looks than on your personality. Sometimes we guys don't know what to compliment to keep you happy :P
    Maybe he thinks you like when things get sexual, so he keeps going with that topic.

Talk to him about what you want and what you like/dislike.

• No, you are dead on. You are being objectified for sure.

• when men objectify women do they even realize it and do it on purpose?

• Not usually. Most times they are blindly arrogant and indifferent to their actions, and how they affect others.

• better don't mind about wot he says in SM... but irl :D

What Girls Said 2

• He probably thinks it's cute or that you want to hear you're sexy all the time like that. If it bothers you tell him. As long as he's nice and polite in person it's probably nothing to worry about

• just compliments.