Do I give up and move on or give it one more shot?

I'll try to make this as short as possible - I just finished an internship at my dream company. While I was there, about a month into my internship, one of the assistants in my department (who I always thought was cute and is just a few years older than me) started to change his demeanor around me. He started acting flirty with me, would break into a big smile whenever he saw me, and would try to be around me a lot. I liked him, but I was way too nervous to flirt back with him - partly because I'm shy, partly because I was worried what would happen if anyone else noticed. He backed off, but I would still frequently catch him looking at me, then getting flustered and looking away whenever I caught him. He had mentioned early on that he is introverted and in general (not even with me) seemed to be a bit shy as well. On my last day, I gave everyone cards, including him and then I added him on Facebook a few days later. Granted, I also added a few of the other young people from the office as well, but after a few days I still hadn't heard from him. Then I got what I thought was a great idea and e-mailed him, asking if he would get coffee with me because I wanted to hear more about being an assistant. He suggested we get meet at the office and get lunch instead. Yay! I was super excited, and planned out how I was going to tell him I liked him... until I got there and he had also invited the other assisstant to come with. The lunch was still fun (I really enjoy the other assisstant as well) but I was crushed and also very embarassed.

This was two weeks ago and I have heard nothing from him since, but it is really hard for me to forget about him. Some of my guy friends are telling me he probably didn't want to come off as creepy and thinks I don't like him so I should try again, but I am shy and it took a lot of courage for me to even ask him to get coffee it what could have technically just been a professional get-together. I've never had to ask the guy out in the past and don't even know how to go about doing that without coming on too strong. I just want people to give it to me straight as to whether it's worth trying again or if I should just move on.

Most Helpful Guy

• better give it a try... guess u ain't nothing 2 lose

What Guys Said 1

• I would give it one more shot

What Girls Said 1

• give it one more shot.