Is going ice skating a good way to hang out with a girl?

So there's this girl that I'm kind of friends with who is a year younger than me and who I've texted a lot with over the past year while I've been in college. She going to another college in the fall and so I want to hang out with her some over the summer. I've had coffee with her a couple times over breaks and would like to do something fun with her, so I was thinking ice skating because I know she really likes it and is good and it might be a good break from the heat. Id asked her to go to an outdoor rink over the winter, but she didn't want to because it was too cold when I had asked her (it was in the 20s), but this would just be an indoor rink. I'm not very good at ice skating, but I can get the hang of it and I think it would be really, really fun to go with her. So would it be a good thing to do to hang out with her?

Also, I don't really want her to think of it as a date, but I also don't want anyone else to come really because I like hanging out one-on-one with people. So would she think it's a date?

Most Helpful Guy

• if she's into it... yeah

What Girls Said 7

• Yes sounds very nice :D

• Go for it dude!

• Only if you are confident in your skating abilities. It would be no good if she is skating circles around you.

• I mean she could probably skate circles around me, but that's because she's really good and has done it for a while. After a couple laps I can normally do fine

• Make it clear its not a date and go for it.

It sounds fun.

• What's the best way to make it clear?

• So like "we should go ice skating soon, it's be really fun!"

thanks!

• That's a cute and fun idea, go for it!

• yeah its good!

• yeah it is!

What Guys Said 6

• Yeah ice skating is always a good date. If she isn't good at it you can give her pointers and help her keep her balance so she doesn't fall.

• Yes, it is an excellent activity. You get to talk (unlike in a movie) and it affords opportunity for harmless touching in the way of support from falling.

• Yeah that would be a great idea especially since you know she likes doing it

• Yes it is!

• That seems like a greta idea :)

• Sure, why not