How do you prevent yourself from falling in love with someone?

All in the question

Most Helpful Guy

• Seriously, it needs extreme will power to do it.

What Guys Said 6

• If you want to do so... just break contact for a month or two! Never try to look at them, just plainly ignore them!

And whenever his thought comes in your mind just think of him as a "not your type" every time!

You will forget him...

• :(
      I hope so!

• I did it to a girl who was my best friend... though I confessed to her that I like her, and after the confession I just broke contact with her for a month.

And now we are back as the best friends!

• Oh! Im super happy for you!

• Wear a love safety harness by being suspended by work , your hobbies and other occupying forces.

• U can't , this is what u love

• testosterone inhibitor will annihilate your sex drive--you simply won't be attracted to anyone.

And before you say it, yes, testosterone is what drives sexuality in women too.

• lol what

• oh, well, i'd recommend finding a superior man that is better in every way. More attractive, better job, more charming, whatever. Then when you compare the two the choice will be obvious and it will be easy to fall in love with someone else.

• LOL

I really want this guy, he is everything Im hoping for though but it's alright, feelings are temporary, Im going to get over it eventually...

• Just dont get involved with her and think of them as a friend

• This is not possible. I fell in love at first sight every time. And I couldn't help that.

What Girls Said 7

• Lock yourself in a titanium box in the middle of nowhere, melt the key and then eat it.

• u dont. that's y it'c called falling.

• Just curious, why would you not want to fall in love?

• it's very complicated, plus the distance and he is way out of my league but shows so much interest in me and it fucks me up, I can't do this, I'm sure I will get hurt and also feel such powerful feelings for him, it scares me and I'm not the type of person who would say or act in this exact particular manner but Im not feeling comfortable, you know?

• I needed some nice, relatable and pep talks tbh! I hope the best for you! :)

• Aww, thank you for the kind words, made my day as well... tearing up a bit now. I appreciate all that you say and it means so much to me. Yes i know nothing revolves around men and i though this way when i was younger, but as i aged i realized that i do want a man to hold me and love me and walk together through life and i did experience a small part of it once and it was awesome. I know we are taught that men and women are the same... but deep down i want the differences between us, because its what brings us together... i feel it more than ever and it hurts a lot at times. Yeah i guess you're right about asking guys out... sigh. I agree... time to act and work towards a good relationship. Haha, you made my day as well. Happy to meet you and all the best to you too

• It's easier said than done... lock yourself away from all the rest?

• You simply can't. You can't control love. It just happens. Most of the time we end up falling for the people we never imagined we would. It's an overwhelming feeling and it feels really good.

• you don't, just let it happen

• Distancing yourself