Girls, If a girl and guy argue. is that a good thing?

She uses the silent treatment if she's mad. I think a lot of woman do this

11

Most Helpful Girl

• No one agrees with someone 100% of the time.
    So, it's perfectly normal.
    Arguing is only a bad thing when no body gets their point across and tempers flare.
    If both people can have a disagreement and hear each others sides, then its perfectly healthy.

The silent treatment pretty much shows the argument didn't go well. You both need a healthier way of communicating with each other.

What Girls Said 10

• yes... it means you are discovering one another and learning about the likes and dislikes... which bonds the relationship stronger... but if you are fighting over trivia stuff... its hard work... :)) silent treatment can just mean each other needs time out to think about how to approach the situation before fuming... depends on what it is...

• Arguments are 110% normal. Silent treatment is normal, just give her some space. I do that to my partner, because I'm so pissed off beyond point, I just need to get away from him to have a clearer mind.

• arguments are kinda normal... but the silent treatment is the worst treatment ya know

• Sometimes arguing is good but getting into serious fights are not good after a point.

• If they argue it's a good thing, but it depends on the way they argue
    If they're going to yell, call eachother names, and break stuff it's a BAD thing

If they act in a mature way and try to come to an agreement, it's a GOOD thing

• It's 50 / 50. My family has a lot of screamers.

• I go silent when I'm trying to work things out in my head. Some people rather yell-discuss things, but I try to see it from his point of view. I might yell a bit at first, but if I'm silent, I'm thinking.

I guess it should be noted that I'm an introvert, and maybe that is why I need space and time to process the argument. I do tell him to give me a moment and let me think. My ex usually understood this, but my first boyfriend did not.

• Arguing isn't much better if all it includes is both sides venting rage and daying mean things. Constructive discussion is best. Sometimes that takes some time to yourself instead of screaming at the other person. You can't unsay the things you say while angry.

• Yes, it is as long as both parties are respectful. They have different views and are not afraid to express them to one another. The silent treatment is immature and inconsiderate for a relationship because it just drags out the discord. It's better to state both sides of the argument, and go on from there. Also, no name calling. Those ruin relationships.

• Disagreements are normal, talking calmly together is important
    Silent treatments are cruel and immature