Girl asks me to go to a concert but asks that I pay for my ticket?

So I've been talking to this girl for about 6 months now and she recently told me that she has 2 tickets to a concert upcoming next week and she said she wanted me to come with her. I said i'd be up for it and then yesterday when she asks if we're still on I said yes and she counters with " you're good with cover the 80$ right?" is this a common thing? I mean she had the ticket anyways and if I dont got she'll have lost it anyways. I feel like 80$ is a little steep for an artist I don't even really like all that much, I kinda just wanna say no now at this point. Am I being unreasonable or is she for inviitng me then expecting me to pay for my ticket? mind you I usually pay on all of our dates,

Just to clarify though she already had the tickets since before we met, she didn't have to buy them or anything and I think her parents or herself paid for them. (didnt ask)

Most Helpful Girl

• well she invited you so she should be paying, thats how i do things with my friends and dates and besides she made it sound like she was offering the spare ticket to you for free so i dont see why you should pay her $80. it sounds like she's just tried to lul you into thinking it was free and then at the last minute when its too awkward to say no demanded the $80 because she's looking for a way to recoup the lost money for her spare ticket she didn't need rather than wanting to take you on a date/friends event

What Girls Said 6

• Just tell her you don't have sufficient money to cover the costs If it bothers you that much.

Invite her to do something more within your price range (when you have the opportunity ).

I personally would go with her.
    You live only once !
    Plus you had the chance to bail out when she asked if you could cover the amount and you didn't.

• This will sound just so incropehemnsevly cheap and cheesy... bad idea

• @Stacyzee that does sound better, yes.

• In my initial answer I didn't state how to do it but the fact that he should do it.

• I don't know, usually if I was in her situation I wouldn't want tuhat person to pay. Them being there and rocking up is that $80.00 cover to me, so I don't know what she is doing. Maybe she doesn't want you to think its a date of any sorts? No idea, if you don't want to go tell her, if you do just be like how about I buy food and drinks?

• well yea that was a given I was going to buy drinks ant etc, and about it not being a date I mean this girl has been borderline asking and hinting at wanting to be my girlfriend for the past 2 months or so and we do go on dates and I always pay.

• Was she ok with you buying the drinks and food? or you didn't tell her yet? Otherwise, i just think she just wants you to pay for the ticket, because half half? You know what you should do. You should take her out to eat somewhere next time and tell her to cough up money for her share of food! That should teach her!

• I usually go halfsies but since you usually pay for all the dates, I feel like she should at least pay for this.

Lmao just tell her that it's too expensive for you

• It just 80 .

• Normally I believe that guys should pay for the first couple of dates , Especially the very first. But if she already had the ticket and than invited you to attend , She should just let it go . I mean if you want anything else during the concert , Than you can step up.

• if she hasn't contribute to any of your dates. She's always going to expect you will pay unless you say something. Ask her how much is it per cover? If she says she has two tickets assuming you would be paying for your own since she was the one who invited you. It's okay to ask to split the cheque if she gets upset about it. You know what she's there for.

What Guys Said 6

• what the fuck was the point of asking you AND THEN telling you later that you have to pay? fuck her, figuratively.

• I think it is fair for her to ask you to buy ticket

• 80 bucks bro... guess it's 2 much for her

• $80 is not unreasonable, but she should've informed you of the price beforehand rather than last minute

• Cancel on her, tell her something important came up, tell her you'll make it to her by taking her somewhere else later (pick a cheaper date)

• Really? Well no head for her... don't put out for a gal who dosent pay for everything! Sheesh!