Did I freak him out?

So I was up about 20+ hours at the time, and my boyfriend was sitting next to me and we were watching Vine's. There was one that said "When your girlfriend wants to be your wife but can't cook" and I laughed and said "that'll be me" and I said it really low and tried brushing it off. He asked what I said and I said "a lot of girls can't cook though" and he's like "is that what you were going to say?" and I said "well a lot of girls can't cook and nor can I, so that'll be me". And like a week earlier he made this huge issue on his point of marriage and he just seemed weirded out. I'm not even into marriage or any of that stuff. Though I don't really want to bring it up because I don't want him thinking that Im into that because Im not.

Most Helpful Guy

• Hahahahahaha I would have laughed my ass off and said, "That's why you leave the cooking to me and I leave the dishes to you." or something of the like.

I could care less if a woman can cook or not, but then again I prefer to do the cooking myself so yeah... Either way if he got weirded out by it the guy doesn't know how to joke around.

What Guys Said 3

• fuck... if he cannot cook himself... it's shitty isn;'t it?

• He can. I just feel like I fucked up haha.

• Every guy wants his woman to be a good cook!

• very true.
      Im a better baker than cook.

• uh-oh... no dude... i'd rather cook on my own

• wow id so be creeped out. break up with her at once!

What Girls Said 2

• It's normal to make references to marriage and things when you're in a relationship. We don't usually get in a relationship with a plan to make it temporary, so if a simple joke freaked him out, then let it be. If he's truly freaked out, he will bring it up.

• I mean I wasn't like implying it by any means. I didn't really read it right the first time and just meant I was a bad cook haha. I think he took it different and now I feel that I freaked him out. Though I guess you're right, if he was that weirded out, he'd say something.

• We usually are our worst critics, haha we over think stuff like crazy.. tomorrow you'll forget you even said it haha

• That's very true haha.

• I don't understand. He had a problem with the fact that you cannot cook? What the heck? Cooking is a skill that can be easily learned. I don't get his reaction...

• No I mean the whole marriage thing. Its a vine that's titled "When you girlfriend wants to be your wife but can't cook" and I just stated I was bad at cooking, but I think he took it as the marriage portion lol. So I freaked him out.

• Oh my bad! I took it the wrong way. I still don't understand his reaction. He was exaggerating a lot.