Getting my boyfriend a promise ring, but not for marriage?

We're 18 years old, and my boyfriend is going away on vacation for 40 days, and I was thinking about getting him a ring (maybe one for me that matches as well) saying I promise that this distance won't effect our love negatively, and I will await his return faithfully. Is that something I should do, or no?

Most Helpful Guy

• As something cute yeah. As something serious nah. I'd rather get a gift that just says think of me when you're gone like a picture or a teddy bear or something. I'm just saying I've seen like a total of zero couples graduate high school with promise rings that actually got married. It's not necessary a good relationship doesn't need a ring to remind you. A phone call some candy and tshirt that smells like you would be a lot cheaper

What Guys Said 1

What Girls Said 2

• i think that would be a great thing to do! your boyfriend would probably appreciate that a lot and it could make him feel better about leaving you

• yeah you should.