Guys, Why didn't my date tell me I was pretty or attractive?

Does he not think I'm pretty, attractive, or beautiful... I said he was cute and had nice eyes... The date plan was to go for coffee and he took me for coffee (hour convo there) and asked me if I wanted to get dinner too... I offered to pay for my half in both in case he didn't like me. I notice guys notice other girls often when there on dates with me too...

Do you do this if you dont think a girl is pretty ;( I mean I don't know its just tough, I feel insecure we were on a dinner date for hours talking and having fun and then this waitress comes up to him and starts flirting which made it shitty for me... it was going so perfect to, she was trying SO hard so he couldnt help but to look over at her, I wish he would of just brushed her off because I felt a little insecure after.

11

Most Helpful Guy

• The problem is not how you look but the little boys you are choosing. Find a real man who is smart enough to focus on you and save his "art appreciation" for his off time.

One proviso. If you see him noticing men as well as women, he may just be the type who is very observant.

What Guys Said 10

• Sometimes when you tell a girl too early she is pretty she starts treating you differently. Like she already has what she wanted and now wants a new challenge from another guy. So now I wait with telling a girl. That could be his reasoning too.

Don't mind that waitress. It means nothing.

What is more important to you? To be pretty or to be liked? Because to me it seems that he likes you.

• He probably didn't want to come across as desperate. Girls often reject guys who come on strong and express blatant attraction because they think it makes him seem weak or hard up.

• You are too self conscious. You look at other guys too. If he is being real obvious then that is rude and I would not date him anymore. As to why he did not compliment you, don't lose sleep over it. If this was just one date and it did not happen then oh well. If he never compliments you then drop him like a bad habit.

• Are you so insecure about yourself that you need to be constantly complimented and can't handle your guys looking at other people? Sounds like it is something you need to work on not him.

That being said, he was probably just flirting and looking to see if you would get jealous and say something to gauge how "into him" you were.

• Some people aren't great at giving complements.

• I do that on purpose to attractive girls. I compliment their clothes or something they had to work on before the date, not something they are born with. If he doesn't do any of that. or makes you feel good/appreciated. Maybe he is just passing time with you and there doesn't need to be any further dates

• im starting to feel that way:/...

• Some are just not complimenters or he may have been a little nervous and simply forgotten

• Awww :') you must be cute. Maybe he wasn't comfortable with you or has low self-esteem.

• Sounds like a rude asshole to me

• i'll never say that to a woman... .