Why on earth would this woman lecture me for being buff?

She said I walk around like I'm cocky and own the place. Said steroids make your dick shrink. Said it's disgusting. First off I don't use steroids.. second off I don't work out for girls. I've had a lot of issues in my life and lifting weights have always been the way to keep me out of trouble. I battle my body every day taking it to the extreme limits.. eat nothing but healthy foods and disciplining myself. it's amazing watching your body transform before your eyes. I can't descrube the sense of acconplishment you get from it. Are big buff guys really that much of a turn off?

Most Helpful Girl

• No, gym guys are a turn ON because of everything you mentioned. Fit guys and girls are attractive for far more reasons than just their bodies. It shows a person has commitment, will power, dedication, goals and regard for their health. These are all attractive qualities.
    She's just jealous she wouldn't have a chance with you because brah, I bet she doesn't even lift. ;)

What Girls Said 3

• She's stereotyping you.
    You should have stopped her in her tracts and corrected her.

What you described are admirable qualities in a guy.
    You have self discipline , eat healthy and challenge your body daily.
    That's appealing.

if you aren't overly buff then to a lot of girls you will not be a turn off.

• She is either bitter and hates herself so she wants to bring you down or as a bias towards buff guys.

• A friend of mine has actually had a bad experience regarding super muscular guys. She was dating one, and he was always at the gym.. he had narcissist tendencies, as well as an overblown ego. Even today, her views on these men: "guys who go to the gym that much will love themselves more than they could ever love you". So perhaps this woman has had similar experiences and, unfortunately, lumps all these men into the same category.

What Guys Said 5

• Maybe she has just had bad experience with buff dudes or she just assumes they are all cocky arrogant jerks. For some girls it is a turn on and others too muscly is a turn off

• maybe she just doesn't like buff guys ;)

• It's the remnants of the feminist war against the male ego, one of many they are rapidly losing. By cocky she meant your confidence intimidated her. And what kind of crazy bitch interrupts a man working out to discuss his dick size?

• you should have rockbottomed her.

• My dad used to think I was on steroids.

Then this same person thought I was on cocaine for being skinny.

The conclusion is that you can't please everyone and they are going to say what they wanna say even if none of it is true.