What do you look for in a partner?

I have dated a lot of douche bags.. and recently i met a new guy and we have been on one date but talked for almost 3 weeks, i have exams now so its not easy to make time but we talk everyday.

He is very tall and i like that, he is fit and goes to the gym like everyday and he is SO funny, i died at our first date because he was so funny and we had a lot of chemistry and i was myself 100%..
BUT one thing that isn't perfect.. is that his face isn't as attractive as i was hoping for.. like i met him on tinder but the pictures didn't fit 100% with him in real life but he is cute...

so am i being shallow? oh and he is super smart and he is a engineer..

Most Helpful Guy

• Personality builds physical attraction. My ex when we first dated, so sweet, kind, encouraging, smart. Towards the end she was doubtful I loved her, which caused us to become more distant, then she compared me to everyone's fiancĂ© and husband (I was just a boyfriend), then she became insulting to me, I was trying hard, she asked for a break, which was like I was okay, time for us to focus on ourselves, I was almost done with a ring for her. But if we got back together she'd have to be willing to start back to square one in getting to know each other.

Her personality made it hard to look at her. I felt like I was shallow, finding minor things major in physical appearance, which in turn worsened her personality, just spiraling down in my eyes, I loved her and fought dragging my knees to want to be with her, I quit being active in the gym, gained some weight. After we broke up which wasn't clean, it's like looking at elephant man, I can't make eye contact or look at her without wanting to vomit (not that she looks like elephant man).

I'm just saying, going for looks while ignoring the personality can be like a blind person crossing the street, either you get hurt by the experience or there is going to be a lot of damage. You look for personality, however, their looks might be like a signal across the street, you won't get hurt the closer you get and you'll see the destination more beautifully than you thought.

What Guys Said 4

• 1|0
  • Yea because you are thinking of not going far with him because of something he can't change unless he has 10grand to burn

• He has everything bar looks...
    Will you regret it if you let him get away?

• ye i think so... he is super nice and cute and tall and fit

• Go for it, you might never get the same opportunity again.
      I was in a similar spot when I was 22, let them get away, lost my window of opportunity and it's still in the back of my mind to this day

• Sounds like you two suit each other, attraction does play a big part in everything, but i would say maybe alittle shallow if everything else is great

What Girls Said 2

• I admit, it's hard not to consider a person's appearance. But it's the least important thing you should be focusing on. One of the only guys I really cared about wasn't good looking but he had a great personality, he was talented, smart, sporty, and amazing. Truthfully though, it does feel better to be around someone who's eye candy ;)

• hmmm... well thats a looooong list..