Why does everyone want a committed relationship, and no one wants to label the relationship?

Most Helpful Guy

• Because most people are confused as shit !
    For example i thought i wanted marriage and i still *do* to some extent. But then i take into account costs and figure cohabitation is easier for both of us.
    Some just want sex and not everything a relationship entails.
    Some just friends, really close PLATONIC friends.

It's complicated as fuck. And this whole 'gender study' crap we got blowing up in the media is not helping.

What Guys Said 5

• Me personally I want a simple thing she likes me I like her we have sex that lasts 5 seconds at best and then she complains about it and I say "nothing lasts forever"
    http://i.imgur.com/mfZDf1R.jpg

• What do mean label it. If you are in a relationship, what does the label matter? "Dating," "Seeing each other," etc.

• Because it in fact does. I've had guys who did everything like a boyfriend, and then came around and said, "No, I did not promise you anything so you can't say I've hurt you" (well not exactly, but along those lines)

• Yeah, everyone is losing out. Now you have so many young guys claiming they never want a real relationship and certainly never would get married, etc. It's all carnal. That's it. But that gets very old after awhile. And there is an innate human desire for something much deeper. A commitment, love, trust, romance, etc. Personally, I have never been able to sleep with a women, without having deep and forever lasting feelings for her. I still hold every woman I have been with very close to me, and think and long for them constantly. I believe sex to be much more than a physical act, but, rather a spiritual one, in which two people become one. Guys on here can't relate to my experience of connectedness with women after being with them. But, I believe it's because they are so deeply numbed, they have dulled their own emotional attachment at a very young age, without even realizing it. And largely to blame for this, and countless other problems, is, internet pornography that these boys

• are raised on. We had nothing like that.

• I guess it could be because once you make it official, you are bound to the official responsibilities that comes with it...

• What do you mean label the relationship?

Do you mean give yourselves a cute name like brangelina?

• I think selfishness is the main cause. They want their partner to be faithful while being allowed to have sex with other people. Not defining the relationship give them an excuse if they are caught cheating.

What Girls Said 4

• Everyone these days wants to put their genital first and act like they're so special and different by choosing to have these annoying ass, unresolved "commitment issues'. So instead they commit their time to willingly being used and using someone else.

• Which is the stupidest idea in the world.

I wonder who invented it.

• @Asker Whores. Players. Promiscuous people who don't respect monogamy and place their own egos and genitals before integrity, decency, self-respect, and the respect of others.

• And they influence so many others into the same idea. Urgh

• That's not a committed relationship. It's just a temporary hook up until they bored of you sexually.

• fear of failure and getting hurt they think if there's no label it was never really that serious so it didn't count.

• that's nonsense, they hurt just as bad as a real break up.

• not really depends on the person its like lying to yourself basically as long as there's no label then there's no real commitment and they can still date others without it counting as cheating in their minds. How do you think non committal guys can string a women along for years by making sure she's confused with false symbolisms of commitment and this way they can keep their emotions guarded by compartmentalizing. I was involved with a guy that tried to do this with me basically he wanted to do everything in a relationship without it being a relationship couldn't even say we were dating. Basically that adds up to a friends with benefits relationship.

• agree and disagree, but this whole situation is a bad mess.

• I'm seeing someone and I don't want to have to worry about the pressure of defining the relationship, I'd rather let it happen naturally
    In saying that I can't see someone without loyalty- I don't want to be involved with a guy whos seeing other people, personal preference
    Bit complicated maybe but I guess it's the combination of morals and wanting things to be relaxed at the same time for me

• yes, problem is, they like to say things like "no promises". what then?

• Oh good I hope it works out :)
      Just remember to have standards of what you want and how you want to be treated
      And don't accept anything less
      A guy who truly wants you will rise to it

• Took me more than 6 months before I snap out of the confusion with the previous guy, sigh! What a waste of time.