Is it okay to like this guy? Should I judge people on what I see or what I hear?

It's so confusing as to how I should think about certain people because one day you think you know this person but the next day, you hear something different about them. Often people say to not get swung around by what other people say because in the end, you should make your own judgements based on what you see, but sometimes, I'm not so sure.

There's this guy at my school. When I first saw him, I only saw him as a friend. Before, when I liked guys, it was because of their looks, humour or intelligence. But as I got to know him, I came to really like his personality, how he always tries to see the good things in people. He compliments me all the time, put himself down in regards to me, stood up for me, and people told me how he always talks good things about me. He was the first guy to make me feel so special, taught me lots and made me do things that I couldn't do before. Naturally, I became to really like him.

However, there are a lot of rumours regarding him. How he calls my friend names, insults people, puts them down and asks for pics. My friend tells me that I shoudn't like him because she knows that what he shows to the outside is just a mask. She told me she went through a hard time because of how he put her down every day.

At first, I didn't want to accept this, but now I'm really confused. Shouldn't I like him? Should I focus on who I think he is, rather than listening to other people's opinions? And lastly, why would he be so nice to me but do the opposite to others?

Most Helpful Girl

• i think its fine.

What Guys Said 1

• Dont listen to anyone get to know him and judge for ur self

What Girls Said 2

• you judge people on both if they say they will do something and don't do it and they do that often you have a fake person on your hands.

• you should listen to everyone. girls dont spread this stuff around falsely, TRUST me.