He forgot? What should I do?

My boyfriend and i were going to eat dinner on his birthday. We made plans a week ago. I asked him today when we were texting if he had any plans other than the dinner. He told me that he forgot to tell me that he has to go to his relative's house and cannot meet on his birthday. He found out yesterday but I kind of feel frustrated and mad that he forgot to tell me... am I overreacting?Report

Most Helpful Guy

• Shit happens, people forget things sometimes. If it happens often I'd start getting doubts but if it's a one off, oh well.

What Guys Said 2

• he should've remembered and told you but I would say just let it go this once.

• No, he should've been more considerate and told you. You need to check your relationship... maybe some deeper issues here...

• How do I "check the relationship"?

• Time for a heart to heart discussion about where you guys stand. You need to express your feelings and see how he responds.

What Girls Said 3

• That's kind of an important day to be forgetting your girlfriend, or anyone that's really important to you that you would want by your side that day. How long have you been together, and how serious are you? Like how often do you see each other?

• We have been together for about three weeks. We go to different school so every other weekend

• Ok then, maybe he's just not used to having a girlfriend and you're not around, so this time I don't think it's such a big deal.

• I can see why you are disappointed but I think its a genuine mistake. Don't get too worked up about it.

• i think you're right.