Friends with benefits relationship, ever been in one? How'd it turn out?

Just curious to know others experieince if any in a freinds with benefits type relationship? How did it turn out? Who ended it? Why'd it end? DId somebody develop feelings? I ask cause I've caught myself in a similar situation as of late and would like to have some perspecitve.

Most Helpful Girl

• They don't really work out in my opinion. Somebody may end up getting hurt or disappointed. One partner could be attempting to improve the relationship so it becomes more while the other partner may want to draw the line and keep it simply friends with benefits . Somebody that spends quality time with another person, especially with intimate relations, is bound to get attached and their feelings will probably grow as the amount of time you are friends with benefits progresses. Say your in a friends with benefits . y'all end up close friends and intimate and share stories and swap conversations and say she starts to actually like you. this may be out of her control, but some things u can't control. She could possibly start to gain a bigger interest with you and in the end when you end up getting a real relationship with a different person, your friends with benefits would be left hanging and feel hurt. or it could be VICE VERSA and you could end up getting very fond of her and she turns around and is interested in dating another guy and cuts ties with you. Have you seen the "Friends with Benefits" movie? I recommend it :)
    In my personal opinion, even though you may make a commitment to be just friends with benefits with no strings attached. Somebody is bound to get hurt. I mean unless its sully for the sex only and their is no chemistry and no interest in relations with their personality then it may possibly work. But rarely have I ever heard of a friends with benefits working out like it was originally intended. I've always known somebody to get short handed and left behind as they started feeling some sort of a connection with their partner.
    Sexual relations (if its good ;) ) will typically lead to a more emotional and personal relationship the more you share your physical interest with them. But if this is directed towards you and your friends with benefits I wish y'all the best of luck and it ends well for the both of you and nobody gets hurt :)

What Girls Said 4

• Yes, I'm stuck in one now. The third casual encounter I've had and I fell in love with him unexpectedly and unlike the other two. It really hurts cuz he isn't up for a relationship right now and things are a bit complicated but all I want to do is spend more time together outside of sex cuz he's a really awesome person an we have so much in common. ❤️ It appears like he hasn't had much time for me though so I feel like he's pushing me away and it's caused lots of emotional pain for me. To end on a good note though, I will say he is great in bed, has a great penis, and he's the only one I want to have sex with now lol would love to try s and m with him :O

• Technically I've never been in relationships when I've had sex with so I guess that constitutes as FWBs? It was a one time thing with both of them tho.

• never turned into anything more.

• They never work out because sex isn't just sex. It's always more and there's always strings

What Guys Said 3

• I was in one the girl was taken and we both started as good friends got to know each other for a yr or so and one day she just started saying her boyfriend hardly touched her etc and wanted someone to do so hinting towards me and we did for few times a year and i came out the same but her though she got too attached to me and says till this day that loves me even though i really dont so thing just kinda eneded up awkward, its a good idea if you both know what your getting into but its bad if one of you 2 know that you'll end up attached

• Well for me it ended fine. We both found someone and ended it there.

Anyway she was a close friend of mine and we still hangout every so often to catch up.

• I've had a few of these with mixed results. Some ended amicably and was really exciting in the height of the relationship. However, there were also others where feelings got involved and not reciprocated, either on my part or the girl's part, and it just turned into a circumstance that neither party wanted to be in. So, my advice is, to tread lightly and communicate with your partner to make sure you two are on the same page of what you're wanting out of the relationship. I think it can work, but there has to be an honest, open dialogue between partners.