What does it mean if a girl says this? Do girls like mature guys?

So in a 17 year old guy. So I asked a girl out an she said yes. I waited a while and texted her to set up a date. I told her we should just meet up for coffee. She only responded with a hey. I went to school and asked her about the date and the text. She said she thought I was some other guy that she gave her number to but didn't want to talk to. She gave it to some older guy who was 20 something. When I texted her, she didn't know it was me and thought it was him and didn't want to reply. Apparently she thought it was the older guy because I set up a date for coffee, and kids our age don't really date that way. She though I was just gunna ask to chill, but instead I sounded older and more mature through a simple text. She said she never expected me to set up a date like that and only a mature guy would. She then said that we can meet for a coffee soon. Is it good that I seem mature? Is this a good or bad sign?

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 2

• I think it's a good thing that you're mature because girls don't really like childish guys.. It also depends on the girl. I personally wouldn't mind a coffee date.. Something simple is good at times. Don't think you should worry though

• its a good sign!

What Guys Said 3

• Maturity is better in men because usually that means the guy is more stable, he knows what he wants, and he goes after it

• People can be more or less mature than others in their age group no matter the gender and it is appealing

• it is a very good thing and it shows that your girl is mature too so enjoy it. keep it up set an example to your buddies on how to treat a girl right.

• She thinks you're very mature for your age and that makes you special.