GAG'ers, when dating a guy or girl, how many dates would it take you to change the dress code from formal to casual?

What I mean is: when first dating someone, you want to look good and make a positive first impression. Or, you dress to seduce.
Once you're more or less becoming a couple, you'll also enjoy dating in a more relaxed outfit since "being together" is now the goal, not getting the other to love you.

So how long (time, number of dates,...) would it take before you change the dress code into casual when the venue of the date allows it?

Most Helpful Girl

• I think I would stay fairly formal throughout the dating stage and when we became a couple and started hanging out at each other's houses a lot, it would eventually become more casual.

What Girls Said 4

• I think it depends how you met, what you did for the date, and the people you are.

Eg if you met because you are outdoorsy and your first date was surfing, you probably wouldn't go in a tux.

If you start off casual then you will always be casual. Also if the type of person you are is casual even for a first date you would probably just make sure you and your clothes are washed, bit of gel in the hair, bish bash bosh.

• Thanks, I agree :D
      I'd enjoy changing to casual clothes soon, in the end you like each other and classy or calual, that hug will feel as nice in jeans :D :D

• That's a happy story :D
      And jeans or skirt, for him shirt and tie or not... hugs are hugs and kisses are kisses :-)

• Aye! I have never been on a formal first date and I'm quite glad really!! :)

• I think dress code depends on the date, I wouldn't wear a dress on a hike but I also would wear jeans to a formal dinner. Also kinda depends on the person

• So your asking when will I have sex with my ( date) if I get one? And when will I have sex

• Help... casual clothing means you change from "classy" style into a jeans and sweater or a training suit :-)
      Goodness, where did that link come from haha?

• I never change it.

What Guys Said 3

• I would say around 4 or 5 maybe? In my opinion it just depend on where the dates are and the dress attire for that location.

• I always dress casual anyway LOL

• I also like it... only you like each other it's not the tie that will make the difference :-)

• day 1 casual

• Yeah I'd love to be able to do that too... would depend a little on where we'd be going but it's about 2 people I think and cuddles in a T-shirt are nice as well :-)

• I'll try to be smart as weel than haha... classy casual, I must check it out on google :D

• smart casual * bruh