Would you date someone who was depressed and/ or had other mental issues?

Would you feel okay with it and date her anyway or not want to get involve with her.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, I would date someone who is depressed or/and has/had other mental illnesses.

This could very well help their mental illness. I'm not saying it wouldn't be a challenge, because it would. But I could do it. I would feel so happy to know if I helped bring someone out of their depression or helped them get over a mental illness! If you ask me, this is a lousy reason to not date someone.

• there should be more men like you.

• no i don't

• @Asker Ok, so you were asking out of curiosity then? I see.

What Guys Said 7

• Confuscius say:

"You cannot love and understand another person, if you fail to love and understand yourself first."

True story.

• I have depression, so I think I could deal with it.

• Sorry, not into that.

• Yes, I would date her.

• iin da past? np... ok

• I have. But it wasn't always fun.

• Grew up under someone like that. Seeing what she put my father through all those years (not to mention my own treatment) left such a negative impression on me that I wasn't interested in even trying to date until several years after college.

I would be extremely cautious about getting into any kind of relationship with someone with mental issues. I don't have it in me; I can't do as my father did and bind myself for decades to someone who's going to act like I'm responsible for everything that goes wrong in her life.

• i hear you and i wouldn't blame you.

What Girls Said 5

• I have twice, it wasn't easy down the road but I got to learn how to deal with their emotions and actions, I felt pretty okay, sometimes I'd feel shitty that I couldn't do anything about it, but I loved who they were and I stood by. It wasn't extreme as they were trying to get better, the best thing to do is try, and not let it overcome you.

• I almost dated a guy like that and regret it.

I don't mean to sound rude as I know how depression is.

The thing is If he was willing to help himself and actually took step I would have gave it a shot but the more I talked to him, my attraction decreased.

• Yea sure, why not?

• Yes, I would. It would take a lot of patience on my part to endure it though.

• yeah i would.