Paying for dates?

I have a date coming at the weekend but how much should i spend? I dont want to spend loads and loads just on a first date. When i date girls i feel they should contribute half after a while of dating. If she works as then you share. Am i wrong? How would you girls expect a guy to be in terms of paying for dates? Guys too whats your opinions?

Most Helpful Guy

• Go for coffee or a walk in the park. Don't go to a dinner or anything that requires a lot of money. Big money dates are a lot of pressure and not fun--save them for when you are steady with a girl.

If you pay for the date when you're just getting coffee, it's only setting you back $4 to $6, depending upon where you go. No need to be cheap or split the bill over a pittance. And it's more laid back, less pressure, and you can both just focus on talking and getting to know each other.

What Girls Said 8

• Paying for one drink is ok for a first date. I usually carry enough money to pay what I order, and if my boyfriend wants to pay me something, it's a welcome surprise. That's the way it should be, a surprise, not something to be expected.

• I would offer straight away to pay for half so the guy doesn't feel awkward and so I don't feel awkward and rude as I watch him pull out his wallet to pay without offering anything myself

• If I am exclusive with someone I don't mind paying unless they offer.

• i would split, but some girls are more old-fashioned

• If you asked her out then you pay. The guy should always be a gentleman ans pay regardless though

• Exactly right, if I ask you im gonna pay. I asked you after all so of course I am going to pay its just the gentlemen thing to do

• It's a gentleman thing to do. Pretty simple

• I thought a 21st century gentleman means not referring to your girl as bitch?

• I don't like being paid for I like sharing the bill or else I feel awkward I don't know

• Split everything.

• you should go half and half.

What Guys Said 9

• each should pay their own :D

• Maybe first date or two guy pays after that share.

• never spend a ton on the first date. Spend around $100 or less.

I've dated some really stingy girls that don't pay 1 cent or say things like, you should I'm here. So I said bye girl.

the best relationships I've been in have been a 60/40 deal. 60 for me and 40 for her. Shows she cares more and won't leave in case I'm down on my luck

• On the first date I feel like the guy should always pay. Of course how much you spend depends on where you are going/eating but I would say no more than 40bucks total. If you take her out to a super fancy place everywhere else you go is going to seem kinda lame lol

• This is why you pick cheap/free places for the first few dates as the expectation is on the guy to pay, and you can't really ask her to pay too early without appearing cheap

• Sometimes you don't even have to pay a dime for a first date. I find walks in the park, or better a forest preserve, really invigorating.

• Do something for free. Why does anyone need to pay money to spend time together. Just a thought.

• If she works/ has money she should pay half, unless you are taking her on a date

• You should split the bill, don't spend beyond your means.