Guys, reasons why a guy would disappear after an awesome 2nd date?

In my experience, the guy always initiates and messages the girl first after dates to let her know he had a great time and that he wants to see her again. So why would a guy spend 5 hrs out w a girl, putting his arm around her, kissing her, paying for everything, NOT trying to bring her back to his place, not trying to get laid... And then.. Poof.. Disappears. What are your thoughts?
We met up for dinner... He paid for everything, was a gentleman, we had good convo, he made me laugh... We had a picnic on the grass, walked around like tourists, and had our first kiss while overlooking some beatiful scenery. Later I bought both of us dessert and we continued to walk & talk. He'd put his arm around me a lot and I liked it. We were both affectionate w each other.

I was having such a good time that I lost track of time and we were out from 7pm til past midnight. I had the day off but he worked all day and was moving (not a big move) the next day and he started to mention that he was tired. I took the hint and suggested we call it a night. He walked me to my car, kissed me passionately and I offered to drive him to his bike (warm day & he lived closeby). He kissed me again and thanked me... And we said bye... But NOTHING since then. That was Friday night & we're Tues evening now. I get that he moved over the weekend but it wasn't a big move- it was from 1 furnished place to another, no furniture was involved. Either way he could've dropped me a line to let me know he enjoyed himself & hopes to see me again. Thoughts?

I messaged him... he seemed happy to hear from me again... and he awkwardly hinted at going out again... he hesitated.. first he asked me what I was doing on a certain night,... saying "So?" then I asked "So what?" then he said "Oh nothing" then "umm yeah I was gonna say maybe we can do coffee maybe tomorrow after work? but I'm busy in the evening."

guys... decode this please. haha

7

Most Helpful Guy

• awesome for u... but not awesome for him maybe?

What Guys Said 6

• He might not be interested but doesn't know how to say it

• Could be hiding something, but he may just be really busy. Some people work at companies that expect 60 hour weeks.

Old joke about Microsoft: They have flex time - you can work any 70 hours a week you want.

• He was busy and will continue to be busy but would like seeing you again.

• I don't know, I've experienced what you're going through a lot. I'd have good first dates and the girl would suggest meeting up again but then out if nowhere they'd disappear without an explanation. You know as much as I do I guess.

• he realised it was too good to be true... .

• He might have a secret girlfriend.