Should guys have the mindset that certain girls are out of their league?

I know a girl might not mind being approached by guys but isn't it sometimes a waste of time? I sometimes feel like if a certain girls found out I wasn't attracted to them they would be relieved. Should people have that mindset or could everyone miss out on people by doing so. Is assuming a beautiful woman would be happier with a more handsome man a good mindset or just silly? I know right it's self esteem but I feel like I'm blocking of certain girls from a better opportunity. Like she could find a guy just as nice and could treat her just as good as me but he would be better looking. If that's possible wouldn't she be happier? I didn't pursue my last crush because she was moving. I thought that no matter the outcome us being in a relationship would make her moving harder. Isn't this the same idea. If you really care you'll want the best for them. This doesn't mean I won't talk to the most beautiful girl in the room. It only means I won't try to force a connection. Of course if we instantly have a connection and get along I'd ask her out. But if I have doubts or wonder if she could be happier with someone else isn't that normal. This is all because of the idea leagues. Should they stay or go?

Most Helpful Girl

• Leagues are stupid. I never got dates growing up but was told years later after HS by one of the guys he always thought I was prettier (than my best friend that got a bunch of dates). Of course I was married by then. The guy I married never got dates either But, I find him attractive. if they like you then they'll date you, I don't think it matters how someone looks. Only vain people care about that.

• Did he not get dated for the same reason?

• Not sure. He's not what would be considered hot. But I still found (find) him attractive, and he's a strong, kind guy. Then again, I fall for personality over looks.

• Ok Thank you

What Girls Said 3

• Believing in leagues isn't a good mindset when it comes to dating.

• Nope i dont believe in that

• Just to challenge your idea a little... You think all guys have a chance with as long as you find them a little attractive? Also do you think you could be happier if the guy you like was better looking? Like the better looking of himself?

• i dont think they should.

• Do you ever feel a guy isn't good looking enough to date you? Or do you just think oh that sucks I don't find him attractive he's a sweet guy?

What Guys Said 4

• You should never want a girl to sacrifice for you. And you should never sacrifice for a girl. You should want every relationship you have (not just the romantic/sexual relationships, by the way) to be of mutual benefit.

The problem is, it's difficult to know (that's assuming that you have many good qualities). If all other things are equal, a physically beautiful woman would suit a physically beautiful man, but that's a huge 'if'. For example, girls want guys who can make them laugh. But, being really funny is actually a pretty rare skill. If you can make a girl laugh at the drop of a hat, that may genuinely compensate for any deficiencies that you may have.

So, my advice is, as long as you are reasonably confident that it could be of mutual benefit, go for it.

• uh-oh... i believe it;d b beter 2 abolish leagues actually ;)

• yes. Guys like me don't like to spend money. So why would we be in the same league like those typical, slim Victoria Secret blond females who are 100% materialistic?

Block me for my non-sense please!

• That isn't different leagues that's different types or mindset. You wouldn't have anything in common with a model who was materialistic.

• So my comment was non-sense...

• I should start believing this