Guys, is it possible to go from hook up to relationship?

I've gone through one where the first day we met , things got physical and then 5 months passed and we became something. but now there's someone new and we got physical and we ve hung out a couple times and he called me "ma girl" and now im confused and dont know what to do. he's about to graduate , I've met majority of his friends and he's met my aunts because he's slept over twice, is it possible or should i just leave it as a hook up?

13

Most Helpful Guy

• girl why you putting out on the first day. Yes I've had relationships with girls that do that, but I always have my guard up with them. If can sleep with me on the first day we meet, what's stopping her from doing the same when she might meet someone else she attracted to. She has to prove to me she is not that type of girl.

• and how can she prove that to you

• by being faithful and usually these are club girls, so go clubbing less

What Guys Said 12

• If there is chemistry I don't see why it couldn't become something if there isn't a ( don't want to be tied down ) barrier there

• You should think what you wanna do first. Of course it's possible, we just don't know if it's advisable. Sometimes hook ups can deceive us. Think first, then you decide.

• I can see where a hook up might happen because I doubt you can just have sex and not feel something. But putting out on the first date? I would not consider that relationship material because who is to say that when this person sees someone else they like that they won't just put out to them? If I am going to take someone seriously, They are going to have to prove to me that they are a bit more reserved than that if they want me to invest in a relationship with them.

• yeah... if we developed feelings... sure!

• and how does that happen? cause he likes how good we get along and how its not awkward between us the way most hook ups are. im only his 2nd and his last relationship ended cause she cheated on him

• it's possible but it's rare. only possible when the guy is absolutely crazy about you, not if the guy is on the fence about you.

try not to read too much into what he says, but rather how he treats you. just go with the flow, continue to get to know other guys.. but wait a bit til you fool around with them so that you have a clearer idea in your head about how you feel bout them and how they feel bout you ;)

• yes. but i wouldn't trust the girl to much... i mean, for someone you want to love, youd like to think they are reserved and i wouldn't want to know about the slut life lmao

• but he knows for a fact im not fooling around with nyone else because iwould be easy enough fr his friends to get at me too. but I don't let it happen

• oh if it was exclusive, all are possible. i mean, many relationships start from lust... then catch feelings...

just can't have things that hurt a lot happen before it happens thats all.

• we had sex really soon , he's slept over twice , and now we hung out the past 4 days with no sex just talking and having a good time that way

• you should talk to him about a relationship if that is what you want. if he says no then you could always stay a friends with benefits.

• depends what your plans are post graduation-- if he's staying in town its worth keeping in touch. If you like him, don't let him go that easily!

• Happened plenty of times

• It's possible.

• I personally don't think it is possible.

• just leave it as a hookup. let him move on to better things.