Why do women talk about the financial status of the men they're with?

This girl I just became friends with won't stop talking about how much her boyfriends have spent or are spending on her and what they're doing for her or giving to her. It gets super annoying but why does she go on? It's not like in a Braggy tone but is it an insecurity she's filling in with herself by telling me about the men she dates, like that make up for the missing piece of her life she wants?

Most Helpful Guy

• She's pumping up her ego. I think she's waiting on you to tell her how lucky she is and how she must be amazing and blah blah blah those types of women annoy the shit out of me.

• Yeah and surprisingly she gets really good looking men and I'll go into it and say wow they're so hot and such and be like damn girl.. really in my head I'm rolling my eyes and looking at what time it is..

• She's not super hot, honestly she's kind of chubby and gaudy. She must be good in bed?

• She must suck a mean dick then

What Guys Said 4

• Some women are obsessed with money

• I think you hit it right on the spot. It is probably due to her being insecure about herself. Maybe she feels that she is inadequate in some manner. So she is talking about how much these guys adore her. She probably does not feel like she deserves it, maybe she thinks that she is not worthy of it or she does not look good enough.

• For the same reason men brag about how "hot" their girlfriend is. I take that as an indication that they see their mate as a possession or accomplishment that THEY should be proud of. Needless to say, this does not impress me.

• Yep. Men know this. We'd prefer it if it weren't true, but women like her means that a guy will always be able to get laid as long as he keeps making money... which is fundamentally why the pay gap exists.

What Girls Said 4

• i don't think i do that

• Slootsgonnasloot/10

• i dont do that.

• It makes u wonder if she is using him

• he's older than her though..

• That's normal for society my boyfriend gets me gifts but I don't ever brag about it usually I think more about the sweet things not the things that costed him