How would you feel if someone of the same sex asked you out?

If you're not homosexual that is. Something of the same nature happened to me a few days ago. I was at school and a lesbian asked me out. :o I just laughed awkwardly and kindly turned her down. What would you do?

This is what I said.
"Awww, you find me attractive? That's so sweet, thank you. I'm not a lesbian though. I'm so sorry."

Most Helpful Guy

• Guys HAVE asked me out before. I actually lived with a guy who had a bit of a crush on me. I figured I would let myself think of him in a romantic way and see how it made me feel. Needless to say, I'm not into guys particularly sexually. Romantically... maybe. I don't discount it. And I certainly find many guys attractive. Honestly, I think guys could seriously benefit from letting ourselves find each other attractive.

But the idea of actually sleeping with a guy just makes me squirm. So I just turn them down in a nice way, and I take it as the compliment that it is.

What Guys Said 22

• I'd be flattered, even though I'm not gay, I feel flattered if a man thinks I'm attractive, but I would politely decline and tell him why so that he knows the reason.
    Still chapeau for coming up to someone you don't know if they're homosexual or not and ask them out, I mean, with how awful people are, you can easily bump into a disgusting person that starts telling you awful things about your sexuality, so having the balls to approach someone you don't know their sexual orientation is pretty courageous in my opinion.

• This happens to guys all the time. I have been asked out by quite a few gay guys... and zero women. Its a little depressing because it makes you feel like you aren't good enough to attract women, and you wonder if you are gicing off somevunintentional gay vibe that might make them not think of you in that way...

• That's never happened to me, I guess I'm too masculine... yea lets go with that. I would just say I'm sorry I'm straight, but I'm very flattered.

• I am straight but I feel flattered if a guy hits on me. I mean I am definitely not interested but I take it as a compliment.

• Kindly decline, and think to myself, "damnnnnn I do look all kindsa gooooooooooood"

• It happened to me, I just kindly said no. Weirdly enough, he was pretty cool and we became really good friends.

• I would turn them down cause i really don't swing that way
    i had some guy befriended me on this one site i went on
    than he started telling me he needed a cuddle buddy that
    was it i unfriended him and moved on.

• 3No, thanks, I'm not interested." with a smile. :)

• It's happened already.

I was oddy flattered and weirded out at the same time.

• I've actually had that happen to me. Gay colleague confessed his love for me. It made me feel very uneasy.

• Haha, what did he say?

• Kinda. I've seen her around school though. She doesn't have classes with me though.

• Ah right. I had worked with my colleague for over a year at this point, we were good friends as well - or that's what I thought at least haha

• It's happened to me a few times, I just say "sorry I'm not gay" and leave it at that. No need to make it awkward.

• When I was younger I felt more uncomfortable about it but now I see it as a compliment.

• 0|0
  • happened to me :D told him that i was straight and hat a little small talk with him after it.

• In order
    1. Weirded out (sorry guys)
    2. Flattered
    3. Awkward
    4. Sorry for the dude.
    Then I'd just tell him I swing the other way, sorry man.

• I would feel flattered about it but would kindly say no

• I would turn them down. I already did, but they didn't ask me in person, they asked me through facebook.

• Disgusted and offend. Cause what made u think I was gay. I would just walk away don't say nothing and walk away

• "no way dude, sorry" and just walk away

• I would be kind of disgusted.

NOW EVERYONE, DOWNVOTE ME FOR HAVING AN OPINION.

• I would be respectful but offended

• Apparently according to this girl, it's not only gross, it's wrong

www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q1520924-why-do-people-like-me-have-to-be-belittled-for-having-a-different

What Girls Said 27

• If the girl is submissive I usually care a little and try to be careful talking to her. It's harder for a submissive one to ask someone out and get rejected. If she is dominant and bolder I usually just say I'm not a lesbian and go on. I had quite some homosexuals and bisexuals especially bisexuals ask me out because I look kind of dominant in person. so I know who is asking me out when I see one. I don't want to hurt anyone that between many girls chose me that is disrespectful even if it's just lust.

• I look submissive, so some dominant lesbians ask me out. I just politely decline their offers. :)

• I would probably feel awkward but also flattered, I mean, it's always nice when someone finds you attractive. Lol However, I'm heterosexual so of course I would turn them down but I would try to be kind about it.

• A girl confessed that she had a crush on me in my yearbook but I had a boyfriend so she wrote that she's glad he treats me so well and I deserve it. It was super sweet and I didn't know what to say so I just hugged her and she has a girlfriend now so it's all good!

• I don't know why some people make such a big deal out of this and even GET OFFENDED? wtf. It's the same as if someone of the opposite sex you're not attracted to asks you out. Just say no and move on with your life.

• I know guys get offended because heterosexuality is associated with masculinity and homosexuality is associated with femininity.
      Which I don't get because while I don't agree with homosexuality it really doesn't affect how "manly" someone is.

• I don't know why they would say that either. I was very flattered, but I said no politely because I didn't want to hurt their feelings. That's messed up to get offended because someone found you attractive. I mean wtf.

• i would very nicely tell her that i m not interested... but it is always nice if someone feels attracted to you...

• I think I would do the same thing you did. I'd be nice and explain that I was flattered, but that I am not into women in a nice manner. No need to be rude. :)

• I would be flattered just as I would be if a guy asked me out, but I would explain that I'm straight and politely decline.

• never happened to me before.. i guess i would be flattered.. i dunno

• I would be flattered and that's about it, I've had a couple lesbians hit on me. Isn't really a big deal to me. Its the same as a guy I'm not interested in asking me out really.

• I might consider it. I'm sexually straight, but wouldn't mind being romantically involved with a girl. I've dated one before

• Lol I honestly don't know.

• I guess I would be flattered and my reaction would be pretty much like yours ahah.

• Politely say I'm not interested, probably laugh to myself about it too, haha.

• I can't imagine that ever happening to me.

• Yea, it's happend to me before. I kindly rejected the person.

• I would turn her down.

• Same here lol I didn't even know I got hit on until I talked about it later to a friend xD

• I wouldn't care much. I'd just say no politely since it isn't really that big of a deal.

• I will kindly turn her down

• Yeah I would do the same thing. I'm not lesbian nor do I ever intend to be. I've got nothing against lesbians I just don't agree with what they practice. So yeah if a lesbian asked me out I'd kindly turn her down.

• Yep, that's what I did. :)

• Hopefully but I do love all of my friends. they're all special to me no matter the sexual preference. I'm glad I've never been in ur situation tho. But I'm happy u were able to handle it well

• I would be just as flattered but kinda awkward and just politely turn them down. It wouldn't be a big deal to me.

• i would them down. in a gentle way though.

• Me too. I said "it's very flattering that you think those things about me, but I can't. I'm sorry."

• I'd feel flattered and who knows. Might even take them up on it.

• I'd turn her down and try not to be rude about it.

• It's the most flattering thing in the world

• It has happened with me and it was very awkward.
    We just laughed it off.. ;p

• I'd be flattered and I'd gently turn her down.