How do I tell him that I hate it when he talks during movies?

One of my pet peeves with dating are movie talkers. People who feel the need to comment on every single thing that goes on in the movie or make jokes about what's going on or ask a lot of questions about what's happening or start reciting the movie while watching it because they've seen it so many times. It drives me crazy! I'm currently hanging out with a guy who's a movie talker and I have no idea how to tell him how much it bugs me without seeming insensitive. Being quiet whenever he says something to me hasn't worked. What can I do?

Most Helpful Guy

• just tell him "i wanna enjoy da movie! stop! "

What Guys Said 5

• for guys it seems awkward not to say anything at all, but really it shouldn't be so hard just to enjoy the movie. Mention it in in casual conversation (not that he does it, just that it bothers you in general) and he might take the hint. If he doesn't just give him short answers and make it clear that you don't really want to talk during the movie. If he asks why make sure you explain, otherwise he'll be guessing all night what he did to make you mad

• "dear dating friend, please shut up during the film"

• Shhhh works really well, do it repeatedly he'll learn or you can not watch with him

• It would be a shame if you broke up with him over such a small thing

• Slap him and say "SHUT UP" I'm sure it will leave him speachless :D

What Girls Said 1

• Just go 'shhhhhhh'