What are your thoughts on various dating books and dating gurus that are emerging today?

These days I'm seeing a lot of books, videos and materials about "how to get the girl" by different dating gurus, dating specilaists and PUAs (Pick Up Artists). Are they all scams or some of them actually work. I'm a 23 year old guy who never had a girlfriend.

Most Helpful Guy

• Most often they have no idea themselves how to get girls, all they're good at is convincing guys like yourself that they're good so you'll buy their bullshit products.

The only ones I'd recommend are:
    - Alan Roger Currie - Mode One
    - Aaron Sleazy - Minimal Game
    - Steve Jabba - no idea what his books are called but I've read a lot of his stuff before he became commercial, he's good

What a lot of PUAs and dating experts teach os that if you say the right things you cam build attraction in a girl no matter how you look or how much money you make. That's a load of bullshit. Make sure you get in shape and dress well (and I don't mean dress like a metrosexual girly-man).

• Yeah some of them seem so absurd. I've never heard of the ones that you have mentioned. I actually want a serious girlfriend instead of just picking many women. Have you read any of the stuff from Joshua Pellicer?

• thank you for your feedback. I've tried it and I've had mixed response till now. I followed the advise in the book and was direct with a girl and made out with her the next day after meeting her. I tried it on another girl and she got super pissed at me and told me she never wanted to see me again, so I couldn't help feeling guilty cause I think she already had a boyfriend. Also in the country that I live in, casual sex is still not very popular. But you are right the advise in the book has to be adhered to in a socially intelligent manner.

• still sometimes I couldn't help but use some of the conversation techniques like cocky and funny, creating rapport and stuff on women. I could see a little light the end of the tunnel and the girl would start giving me good responses. But ultimately those techniques seem to fail after first or second date.

What Girls Said 1

• Some of them actually work. It won't harm you to actually give them a try.

• Have you tried or know someone who's been successful with any of this stuff.

What Guys Said 3

• I pay them absolutely no heed. They are not experts. To each his own experience. Yes, one can admire their advice and input but to label them as experts? Really? Next thing you know and bloggers will be legitimate journalists and social justice warriors will be enlightened individuals.

• The solution they give you does not work for all problems, one size does not fit all

• have you ever tried any of their stuff?

• what is the name of the book that you found useful?

• I completely forgot, you can find a lot of digital copies online.

I didn't find one useful since I took parts here and here. Imagine 4 teachers teaching how to swing a sword and only tool parts you wanted and see possible

• They are just scamming for $$$$, and don't even follow their own advice. It's utter bullshit mostly...

• okay so what do you suggest I should do to up my game?

• The next option would be to talk to a female you trust (but don't want to date) and ask questions about what girls look for... or suggestions about what you could do to improve your chances.

• No offence bro but I've found that women give worst dating advise ever. They give their advise on basis of what they think that they want instead of what they actually want.