Should you still be friends with a crush who friendzoned you or move on?

This is for my friend. He had a crush with this girl who he found through a mutual friend on facebook. He liked her a lot. He actually went on a date with her and it was going good. A couple more weeks later he actualy asked for a relationship. She said I just want to be friends. He was heartbroken because he liked her a lot. Should he still be friends with her?

Most Helpful Guy

• Perhaps he could consider being a friendly acquaintance? At some point later then he can decide if he wants to remain friends. If not, then he can remain friendly and polite to her if he sees her, but needn't have to initiate any contact with her.

I find prolonged contact tends to prolong the pain.

What Girls Said 4

• If he can get over his heartbreak then yeah they should totally be friends. If he can't then it's better to just move on.

• Move on. The friendship is doomed.

• If he can bare it and if he finds her worthy of his friendship, sure.

• i would move on.

What Guys Said 3

• He should move on.

• I usually move on. Continuing a friendship personally makes it hard for me to get over her.

• yes move on treat it its like no big deal. with a but, she has to be the one to make first contact. why? friendzone is i like you but i dont like you enough to get serious with you. she obviously felt like she was being rushed.