Is it a deal-breaker if your date is a non-tipper?

Is it a deal-breaker if your date is a non-tipper?

• Yes
    40% (6)25% (4)32% (10)Vote
  • No
    60% (9)75% (12)68% (21)Vote
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy
Updates:
UPDATE: This question is only for Americans and people from other countries where you tip. If your country doesn't tip, please don't bother.

0|0
6|8

Most Helpful Guy

• in our society tipping is not a thing. since the wages are good enough, tipping only occurs, if you feel especially well served.

0|0
    0|0
    • That is the way I feel it should be, but the wages are often lower for people that make tips in America, so not tipping is often seen as cheating someone out of their pay.

• yeah i know not tipping in the us is frowned upon. i´d do it too if i was living there.

What Guys Said 7

• I hope not. I get such bad service I often don't leave a tip.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd talk to her about it and find her reasoning. If it was cause she's stingy and cheap then yes we're done.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, I don't care. I'm not a materialistic American who thinks money is soooo important.

0|0
    0|0
  • If it's a sit down table service restaurant you always have to leave some tip!

0|0
    0|1
    • Not legally.

• you're right but not leaving a tip makes you a jerk, even if the service was sub-par, you don't need to tip well but you should leave something

• Yes, it's a dealbreaker, but then again, I don't date black girls, so it never comes up.

0|0
    0|0
  • I once broke up with a girl because she ate her peas one at a time.

0|0
    0|0
  • Na, I don't care. lol

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 6

• As someone who has worked in a waitress position (in America) I would find it a deal breaker to not tip. Especially if I just had started talking to or dating the person I would see that as a bad quality. It's rude. Most waiter/waitress jobs do not get pain minimum wage, and I know from experience they work their butts off, they deserve a tip.

0|0
    0|0
  • If he is my age, I kind of understand and tip myself. Lol.

0|0
    0|0
  • it depends on where he lives. in most cultures, it's a deal breaker

0|0
    0|0
  • No, dumb reason to break up.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't tip period. I'm too poor to help anyone else out.
    I barely afforded the meal in the first place.

0|0
    0|0
    • Servers say "You can't afford to eat out if you can't afford to tip."

Sounds bitchy TBH

• Well that's why they aren't getting tips because they ARE bitchy.

• I understand that they need the tips, but bullying people into tipping? WTF

• yeah it is.

0|0
    0|0