Girls, He broke up with me acouple days ago now he wants me back?

Ok so I was dating my boyfriend for two months and then on the weekend we had a silly argument that was blown out of proportion and he ended things with me. The next day I spoke to him once he calmed down and he explained that we need time apart and he needs time to sort his life out ie. buy a car get a better job, move out. He's 18 by the way. So he texted me telling me he misses me and I was confused and annoyed because he broke up with me. So he texted me asking if I can meet up with him tomorrow and it turns out we're going on a hike together, weird Huh? Iknow. Now I feel awkward about it and I want to know what to talk about and how to get him to fall for me again, I just feel awkward about the situation and I want the conversation to flow naturally again but he broke up with me, I'm still single and I feel weird. What could I talk about? Thanks also have u ever been in a awkward situation with an ex?

10

Most Helpful Girl

• Seeing as you are young and probably still in school, I'll give you the "girlfriend to girlfriend" opinion first.
    It's only been two months of your life that you have spent with this guy. If you want to make him "want" you back, you aren't gonna have to do much. You just flirt. Don't even think of it as awkward, think of it as you are back together. If he says he misses you, then there ya go. He's not dumb, he clearly knows the situation he's putting you in.
    However, in my "been there, done that" opinion. He's a boy. He clearly doesn't know what he wants. If you're going to give in so easy by hanging out just because he wants to, then you're opening a door that will be very hard to shut. He will now know that you will come to him at his beck and call and will use that to his advantage. If you get back together, the second he sees someone new, he's gone. She doesn't even have to be prettier or smarter... Just new. Then once that's done, he will come back to you, and you'll let him. You'll let him because he'll tell you how big of a mistake he made and how much he missed you. How better you are than her and how much prettier you are. You'll get an ego boost and give in.
    I've been with the same guy for 8 years. We have fought, broken up, and cheated on each other. He was my first for everything, I let him walk all over me. It wasn't until the last 2 years that I grew a backbone and made the choice. You either want me or you don't. If you want me, then great... We'll be together until there is a reason besides "the newest model". If you mess up, cheat, or treat me like crap, we're done. No texting, no friendship, no nothing. Seeing as we're still together, it worked out. But if it hadn't, I would still be ok. And so will you. So buck up and push your icky swirling butterflies to the side and make a choice. It may just change things for the better.

What Girls Said 9

• thats weird. he either realised how much you mean to him or something else didn't work out so you're plan B. So many reasons why what happened there. maybe for sex or haven't been there yet?
    is he experienced in relationships or you're his first? if first, he's probably not used to handling an argument with a girl and think twice before dumping etc

• he missed you. and if you still love him, why not work it out. if not, just forget it. I'm usually unfriend with my boyfriend for about a year (to move on or let him move on), only then I will consider him a friend, just want to get out from that awkward moment (i don't like deal with drama etc) ;p

• In my opinion, if I was you then I probably wouldn't get back together with him because that was really his decision to break up with you and if he really didn't want to break up with you then y'all would still be together.

• Absence makes the heart grows fonder.

• Just act like you weren't affected by it. He probably craves the attention.

• In my personal opinion, I wouldn't get back with the guy. He wanted to sort things out and take a break, and now he wants to see you again. Please, spare me the drama. I'd go along on the activity, and how to talk? Talk like you used to, but avoid anything that could bring up old memories or turmoil.

• I personally wouldn't.

• Well, on one hand, exes are exes for a reason. But! On the other! If you feel like you should give it a shot, go for it. If you don't, you'll end up wondering what would have happened if you had. Only two tries, though! Don't push it past that, trust me. Lol

• I wouldn't get back together with him, he seems like bad boyfriend meterial. But maybe you guys could be friends. If not, all is fair in love as war. Is that how it goes?