How hard is it for a coloured man to get a girlfriend in Australia?

It seems like girls here are brainwashed to compete for white men. Hell, even today at the supermarket, right in front of me was this young pretty Asian Australian women in their 20s (who clearly have an Australian accent) .. waiting for her husband/partner who happens to be.. a shabby looking guy in his late 40s or 50s, wrinkled, has tatts everywhere and a ponytail, smells of weed, and a bogan accent. The only thing I can see in him that would attract a woman is that he is white. That's it. His language doesn't seem educated, nor does he look rich.

Most Helpful Guy

• Girls love white guys or guys of any other race with a light skin color. In some cases, black guys are an exception. If you're racially disadvantaged like South Asian, East Asian, Middle Eastern guys, etc then you have to make up for it by either being rich or being really tall like at least 5'10 or 6 foot to have a chance.

What Girls Said 2

• well, I'm not Asian, but we are one of the most culturally diverse countries on the planet. u see mixed couples EVERYWHERE so i wouldn't worry if i were u =]

not sure how many women in their 20's are looking for a 40's-50s guy though. i guess they'd b around but that makes it harder to find someone. youd be more likely finding someone around your age. [if ur talking about urself]

• ok i didn't read this right lol.

anyway no we aren't whitewashed [yes it's a term]. r u even aussie?

• uhuh... well iv seen plenty of both to be honest y'all. i guess we all experience different things. --> asker and @myusernamerules

• Usually, girls only date non white guys interracially, especially South Asian and East Asian guys, if they are rich or spending a lot on them.

• Asians count like people of color now? It's weird but Asians aren't people of color to me because of the same skin or are similar or little tanned sometimes, and have straight hair and even rich families, and have some countries like europeans, don't have racism of white because the normal ones in real life don't care for Asian girls or guys dating or with them, have more racism of some Asian guys against some relationship with some Asian girls, or are only Asian guys from internet too, I don't know, nobody really hate you for being Asian, only trolling of some people, so I don't see Asians being people of color because don't have color for this, don't have life for this.

What Guys Said 7

• Lol some Asian women are weird like that I have to admit. I don't know my friend. I'm not white but I'm not colored either I wonder how bad my chances really are...

• Well if you're not white, you're coloured! From your pic, you do look East Asian (Chinese to be specific!)

• Yup but I don't feel colored sorry...

• You can't tell people just by their appearance - maybe he's a great husband. Anyway, you can't make vast generalizations based on one experience.

• I never said it's one experience.
      Why doesn't she give a coloured man her age a chance? This really is a problem with women today. I had another Asian woman confess that she wants white genetics for her babies. As long as the man is fertile (be he in his 50s), she's achieving her dream. Not surprisingly, her husband was a white man 23 years her senior, and she was 28. Madness! As if no one her age would make a good husband.

• Madness? I think it is her decision, for whatever reasons she has. It may not make sense to you but it doesn't have to - anyway, I know there are a lot of women in Japan who like black men. I was in Kyoto one night at a club talking with the bouncer, a guy from Chicago, and a lot of girls were coming by flirting with him (and ignoring me).

• OK, I just noticed you were talking about Australia so I guess the last part of my last comment is irrelevant...

• yeah its harder for non-whites thats for sure. I'm Australian too, but that pairing you described would be a minority. That is, an Australian Asian with an old, bogan white guy. You see a lot of SE Asian Immigrants with old white dudes but generally not Australia (born) Asians.

• I'm Asian Australian and I date prolifically. Yes, white Aussie girls are racist - even the ones who think that they aren't, but that doesn't mean you can't change their opinion.

Now, whether they're worth all that effort or not is an entirely different matter.

• ^This. Is my experience also. Australia can be very racist. And personally for me, I find Asian girls more attractive than white girls anyway, so there really isn't much of an incentive for me to date interracially other than curiosity.

• @hypno-trip I've dated a lot of white girls and Asians are my preference. In my opinion, white girls are very overrated.

• @doireallyneedone I do agree American white girls are not that attractive to me. I can see your point.

• People have a natural hard-wired preference for their own race. Look for women of your race. Problem solved.

• That's what this post is all about. Clearly, you haven't read it.

• @Asker I did read your post. Nowhere in your original post did you say that you wanted a girlfriend/wife of your own race.

• Ask @justbanannaz

• Personally, I think you're an opinionated segregationist.