How do I feel less awkward when I want to talk to my boyfriend?

There have been some issues that have risen and to be honest, i dont think the guy i'm seeing has any clue. He's quiet and is a bit shy, and from day one he was never a good communicator and we generally only saw each other once a week. It's been 3 months, and things are still the same. I feel like we're more friends than anything due to the lack of communication and i dont know how to bring it up with him because our schedules conflict or he/i are busy... and i'd rather not do it over text.

I brought it up once before and he just apologised a few times and admitted to being bad at communicating. All i ask is for him to initiate plans or at least shoot a text once in a while. I'm not clingy, but i feel needy bringing it up. I dont feel like i'm in a relationship.

What Guys Said 1

• I totally get your dilemma. It almost sounds like he's not really into you. And communication is the cornerstone in the foundation of a strong relationship. I mean if he was really interested in your life then he would be making a noticeable effort to get to you. Keep your eyes open for a guy who shows more interest. And good luck!

What Girls Said 1

• If you have brought it up and he still doesn't make an effort to compromise and/or change certain things, then it's time to call quits.