Do you agree with this observation?

i've been thinking and realized that if the vast majority of people didn't lower their standards at least once early in their lives, say before the age of 16, 60-70% of people (guys and girls) would never get dates or find relationships. do you agree with this?

Most Helpful Guy

• so far I've never lowered my standards yet and I date, I probably just don't fit into your statistic :P

• well what kind of standards do you have?

• would you feel insulted if you got a really attractive girlfriend and you found out she had to lower her standards before she could start dating you.

• nah, im chillin. im happy and she's happy then it doesn't matter. she may have lowered for me but I was always going for what I wanted and got what I wanted.

What Girls Said 2

• Yeah I guess? Depends on if "taking a chance" is the same as "lowering your standards"

• it's not the same thing. "taking a chance" means you risk a negative outcome.

• Or that this person is not your type at all but you say yes anyways just to see where it goes.

• It's probably a good thing. But there are some out there who aren't attractive to anybody at all and they are not ugly at all but done well financially.

What Guys Said 6

• I agree with the observation but the childhood ideals are probably the result of the influence of fiction on a person's life.

• hhahaa personally i'd not change my standards anyway LOL

• And, Where did you get those 'Statistics' from? xD

• agree if you are saying guys and girls have their dream girl and won't settle for less. Then as they get older , reality hits them in the face and they lower their standards to cope.

• Most people have low standards but high hopes...

• I was thinking the same for a little bit