Which is easier online or face to face dating? And in what ways?

I've found that online dating is very selective. There are so many single guys that unless you know how to show what you have to offer you get no responce. I constantly feel like if this person was in front it would be so much easier. We would actually see if we were compatible. I think more girls would at least go on a date with me if I saw them in person. So which do think is easier and in what way? Also who is each easier for? For example a shy good looking guy or girl or making an outgoing talkative average guy. I'm neither so it makes it challenging lol.

Most Helpful Girl

• Face to face; on the internet we get inflamed egos and feel like we have a barrel of fish to choose one and we won't settle for anything less than perfect. In person, you can sense the person's personality and can become attracted to them based off of that, and you tend to have more realistic expectations.

I prefer face to face because you know who you're talking to, you typically have a good idea whether or not they're a serial killer, and you can gauge them from the very beginning. Online, you have way more risks and 10 more questions you have to ask.

What Girls Said 3

• dating online is not what i recommend. however to start to talk to someone and find people to b potential dates... I GIVE ONLINE HUGE SHOUT OUT!! best to "date" in person i believe. Get to know more about people. It's easy to talk online but body language says a lot to me.. not to mention pics !!! Could look completely different or person not even exsist. Good luck!!

• It is easier in person. Online people are extremely fickle and always looking for better

• Online dating is easier in the way that you hide behind your computer and you can tell someone all the main points you have or are looking for right away.

In person you have to be more proactive and approach people, if you are fine with that you will find more people though with less of a connection most likely.

What Guys Said 9

• online for shy people

• Face to face by far what you see is what you get

• Face to face. Online dating is too weird for me. I enjoy talking and seeing her reactions to my responses.

• Online dating is solely based on APPEARANCE.

• Face to face you have to be one of those models in order to at least get some type of messages

• You have to be really good looking if you're a guy in order to have a shot at online dating.

• Face to face its much easier

• Face face. You don't wan't online scammers posting pictures of themselves ten years ago.

• For me, online/long distance dating has been easier for me. And not because of it's selectivity.

I am have serious social anxiety, so it's hard for me to meet people. Especially girls. Most of the time I'm oblivious to them flirting with me and the few times I'm not, I'm anxious and don't know what to say or do.

With online/long distance dating, I don't have to have that fear. I can freely express myself and woo over a girl without messing up or stuttering lol. And the feelings we have for each other are more genuine because it's not lust.

And once I meet her, it'll be easier to be comfortable around her because I'll already know how she feels about me and I won't need to be self conscious.

• Makes sense I really think this is who online dating should be for 😊

• Thank you :) Of course I don't only limit myself to just online dating, I would date girls that I'm friends with too, it's just the easier route for me haha