Boyfriend told me he may be suicidal again?

My boyfriend was suicidal before I met him, but recently it seemed as if he was better. He seemed happy whenever I saw him and he was always smiling, laughing or being friendly with people. He told me that he thinks he may be on the path to being suicidal again. I don't know what to do. This whole weeks been terrible for him and whenever we have to go a while without seeing eachother he has bad weeks. We live an hour away from eachother and im worried that might be what's bringing this on again. I think he may be depressed and I want him to get help, but I don't know what to do. He's told me not to stress, worry or be scared, but what else am I supposed to be when he tells me he may be suicidal again?

His is dad was an alcoholic and he started drinking again, my boyfriend hates his job, and I live an hot away. I think all of these has conntributed to it. I just don't know what to do. I told him I want to get him help, and tested for depression and if he is get him some treatment. He has ADHD already. I just want to get him the help he needs. I don't know what to do.

He kind of seems like he's angry or always in a bad mood whenever we can't see eachother. The only times I've actually seen him happy is when I am down. Any other time we talk he's always talking about how much work sucks it how he's having a bad day/week. Even his friends notice a change when I am not around.

Most Helpful Guy

• I mean the only suggestion I have, and its much much easier said than done, is to get him out of there. He's clearly in a toxic environment and having already had depression, that kind of stress only amplifies it tenfold. He absolutely needs to find a job he likes, a place he can call home, and people around him who don't cause him stress.

• Adding on, always make sure to reassure him by saying things like "things will be good in the end, I promise" or "we'll figure out a way to get you out of there" or just letting him know you're always there for him and that you love him. I've had suicidal thoughts and that's really what I wanted to hear from my loved ones.

• I'm always telling him I am here for him. I've told him if he ever needs to talk just call me or text me and if I'm not working I'll drop everything im doing.

What Guys Said 1

• Drive him to a therapist

• I can't and won't force him to do something against his will. Besides I don't have a car.

• Is there anyone else who might be able to convince him?

• No. Maybe. I don't know. He's stubborn as hell. And doesn't like to be forced to do things. I've asked him to talk to one of my friends whoae been through that. My friend ended up having to be admitted to the psych ward because of it.

What Girls Said 1

• Does he get along with his mom?

• Yeah. He loves his mom. She's one of the few people he will listen to, but even she can't force him to do something he doesn't want to. He's stubborn snd only 18.

• Sorry 19 not 18.