What do you think actually happens when a guy decides to be an asshole/jerk to get girls?

Plenty of people here have said that it works but what do you think happens when a guy actually commits to it? What happens to him and his relationships in the future? Does he find it easier to get a girlfriend or does he fail miserably? Does he become more attractive in the long term, short term or just repulsive full stop?

I tried to come up with a poll but I've no idea what the options would be so I'm curious what people will answer.

Most Helpful Girl

• He's either going to miserably fail or find himself hooking up with women who have no sense of self worth and respect.

• What would you advise him to do instead?

• My suggestion is to really think about your approach. You have to be yourself... but, contrary to popular belief, our current selves isn't always the best person we could be. Adapt, try to feel out where you're weak and constantly improve. Be confident, but don't be an ass. I always suggest that you find a balance between respect and risk - be a genuine person, but the best genuine person you can be.

• I love your advice. You're banned from ever leaving GaG as I need someone to give good answers. :P

What Girls Said 2

• Speaking from recent personal experience... the girl may put up with him and find various ways to justify his behavior as a way to try being patient and understanding/open-minded, but at some point, if the girl is anything but an idiot, she'll grow a pair and move on, no longer putting up with such a sack of human waste.

• So you're not a fan of it? ;)

Why would a girl even go for a guy like that in the first place if she's just going to be making excuses for him?

• Women are helpers and fixers. We are naturally attracted to the guys who have a couple issues, thinking that we can help them overcome them. If they are somewhat decent in some ways and seem to have redeemable qualities, that just makes it worse. It's the same way that guys say they like the nice girls, then expect a woman to put out... they want the girl to be a good one, except for him. Women are okay with a bad guy, thinking that he'll be good only for her. I always thought this was bull, until I realized I recently did that exact thing. So I'm guessing that explains a lot of it.

• Never works a true jerk is born not made. A jerk knows how far he can go in being a jerk before he crosses the line and turns a woman off. A guy that decides to be a jerk usually is driven to it by bitterness and he will take it to far and he'll blow it.

What Guys Said 2

• Hey there are girls who are bitches and think they can get guys how do you explain that? Ego is hell of a drug.

• Well if you are a jerk then it will feel quite natural. If you are not, then you going to live a lie. And you will attract girls that like jerks. That does not sound like a good idea to me.