Why do women NEVER pay for dates?

I've been dating this girl for about a month now, she's not some flashy goldigger, she's pretty cool. But she never offers to pay for any date we go on.

Most Helpful Guy

• In an ideal society the woman pays half and the man pays half. Teamwork

What Girls Said 22

• Well it comes from the days when culture made the rules and social status. It is not mandatory anymore for guys to pick up the tab. Some still live in the days when men are gentleman and open doors, pay the tab, etc.

There is other thing also to consider. but the main reason for some women not contributing to the tab or things that need to be paid is cause of how the culture and social up bringing has made it a thing for over hundred years.

In today's live and age you can just talk to her about this if it bothers you. don't think of her taking offense in this cause in the long run you are going to explode.
    Talk to her cause if you feel she can pick up the tab once in a while or even split the bill why not.

It is how me and my boyfriend do things I pay for the movie tickets and he gets the popcorn and drinks. next time he gets the movie tickets and I get the snacks. When He treats me to a fancy restaurant he would tell me it is on him tonight and he pays the bill otherwise I take out my wallet and help him pay the bill.

So don't put all girls/women in the same categorie

• #generalisation122 come back and please restate this once youv dated all of us.

• Oh good, you're here. Hey, the next time someone debates you about religion, make sure you listen to what the other person has to say before blocking them, you coward. Thinking that faith alone justifies the existence of some magical deity while ignoring logic, science, and rationality when it flies in the face of it is isn't exactly the greatest argument.

• Maybe I just don't like people who try to come off as all knowing and then block someone before they get the opportunity to share a counter argument. Guru? Bit of a misnomer, eh?

• maybe some people aren't worth arguing with. everyone can relate.
      iv never cared for status here, but if youd like to compare MH's then I'm down.
      i can honestly tell u that nothing you say affects me in any way whatsoever, but if youd like to rant a little more ill listen.

• Why do men NEVER tell the truth?

One woman is not women. Man up and tell her to pay her share.

• That's just her. Can't be applied to all of us. Take her on free or cheaper dates if it's getting expensive. Maybe this girl is more traditional.

• Ok, a better question would have been "why does this particular woman never pay for dates?" because I do that all the time. You can always just ask her to pitch in every now and then because it would make you feel special.

• Typically, the man is known to pay for the young lassy if he is a gentleman. NEVER ask a girl to pay, it will make you look less manly! BE A MAN!!! (:

• Do you want equality or to be treated like a princess?

• Be a man and pay for all your shit? Either you're trolling or you're a naive preteen, I'm going to guess a little bit of both. Women can pay every once in awhile, there's nothing set in stone about men ALWAYS having to shell out cash for women, that's ridiculous.

• Lol you are actually totally right! Good job pal (:

• Why don't you just be honest with her? I mean you being on here talking about it isn't going to get it done. You will still pay. If it is that big of a deal then tell her. But I grew up to where the guys pay for it. But I also have a boyfriend who won't let me pay.

• Because women are touchy about shit and the second I call her out she's going to get uppity about it.

• I don't know. I'm on very low money but I always offer to pay for something. Usually the guy pays but I always offer a bit.

• Because some women have been raised to be that way. It just happens that some of us can be traditional when comes to this matter. I am one of them. Sorry.

• Why do men ALWAYS just want sex, and never a real relationship?

See? it doesn't work that way, you can't generalize like that.

• i would say because some men find it emasculating for a woman to pay also that is what society has accepted to be right/ normal

• What utter bullshit and an insult to women who DO pay for dates.

• Did you ask her or did she ask you? If she asked you then she would pay. It also depends if they work or not. No money, No pay.

• It depends on her background. Like me for instance.. I'm from the south (Alabama) so the guy usually takes care of everything... Ya know to prove he's a man's man and he can handle everything thing. But then again I've also been spoiled my whole life so I'm use to people "babying" me, but I hold my own so I'm not one to shy away from paying for a date. But overall i feel its a background thing.😊

• Hey, I pay! It's just your chick.

• I picked up the tab for the first midnight snack my boyfriend and I had.

• That's rude on her part! Call her out on it! Be like " hey babe, why don't u take me out for a change 😏" most girls will always go halfers with you when first dating

• That's supposed to be done stupid rule but I pay all the time and i don't see anything wrong with it..

• I've paid for dates plenty :)

• This question sounds completely unfair and biased to me. I take turns with my boyfriend, which means I pay for him as well.
    As for the girl you're dating.. maybe she is more traditional?

• When do men not stay at home and look after their kids.

• They should have the option, if you're a feminist, shouldn't you agree on sharing those responsibilities as well as what I said?

• I am not a feminist, but guys who believe the bill should be shared, quite rightly so, still believe it's the woman's responsibility to care for her kids, home, husband as well as work

• That's just her.

I pay for whatever I order on dates (food, drinks, tickets etc). First dates, 18th date doesn't matter. If the guy absolutely insists, I will let him pay, but try to pay for the next date then.

• I like that..

we pay half.. or in turn...

• Right? I mean I work hard, I don't mind paying for myself or alternating.

• Yep that's the best way to be in relationship and have fun without being burden on someone...

I connect my expenses with my pride , like if i can't even afford my maintenance then my existence is not required to overpopulated the earth.

What Guys Said 16

• they do. I was gonna totes pay for this girl's movie ticket but she insisted she pay for herself. fucking awesome :P

• Be careful, using ONE woman to generalize an entire population is bad critical thinking. I have dated many girls who have paid for entire dates, and I returned the favour of course. Stop dating the same "types" and find someone who is more independent and has more feminist views.

• I mean, she seems pretty liberal and less traditional, that's why it's so perplexing.

• Well it has only been a month... Maybe that has something to do with it too.

• Why do women NEVER pay for dates?
    I don't think women NEVER pay for dates. Almost every relationship I've been in has been with a girl who felt compelled to pay her share at times or even pay for me. It sounds like the issue you're dealing with is that you simply dating a person who has grown up with the understanding that men pay for dates.

The solution is to either date someone else or bring the matter up to her in a polite way

• Just because we're men that doesn't mean we always have to pay..

• It's just a cultural thing

• They do, you've just never met them, for me personally I prefer paying for the dates myself, I'm old fashioned when it comes to these sorts of things.

• they don't all "never" pay for dates. Some will offer, and some will not

• Do you propose to take her on the date or she proposes to take you on the date?
    The one who proposes must pay. This should'nt be much of a bother to you.
    Or u can just convince her to take you on a date

• Either way, I end up paying. Theoretically, I follow that rule, if I invite someone out I'm going to pay... but even when it's the other way around I end up paying.

• Because why do people date? To find that one and get married. Who pays for the wedding? The wife s family does. That's the old school thinking. Does it apply for today yes and no. Depends on the two people in the relationship

• Some of them do
    well in my case i have dated 5(long term) girls till date.
    Out of that- 2 - we used to split or pay in turn.
    1 girl was filthy rich so she always resisted to pay but we used to pay in2:1 ratio (2 being her).
    Nad for rest 2 , 1 never paid and 1 occasionally paid.

• How many dates have you been on? Does she initiate any calls/texts? How physical are yall?

• I've had plenty if women pay for dates.

• Just don't pay for her. Just tell the waiter for separate bills

• Because they don't have to.

Same reason why women stay at home and do easy housework, while men bust their asses trying to make money.

• She spends more on clothes etc, pay for dinner unless you are poor. It isn't about the moeny, it is about showing that you can take care of her and be a man. Be a wuss about it and she will seek out someone who can eventually.

• Oh okay, I'm being a wuss because the traditional view on men is to pay for all their shit all the time because she wants to spend more on clothes, good logic. I guess I'm a "wuss" in the eyes of some naive baby boomer.

• My son is what you woukd call rich. He will have her. Then you can call her a gold digger to make you po' azz feel better.

• They do, just tell them you're splitting it.