Ladies if you just hung around and waited for a guy to make you his girlfriend does that mean you really really like him?

Ok, so I met this girl in November. She's 20 and im 22. We went on a couple of dates and they went well, but at the time i really didn't want to be tied down. Around January we slept together and a couple weeks later I decided I didn't really want to keep seeing her so we cut of all contact. Now around March we started messaging again. And ever since then we text a lot and she calls me sometimes and we hang out sometimes as well. It's been a mostly friends with benefits relationship as of now but in the past two weeks or so i've begun to think, Why does she hang around? I haven't shown any signs or progress in us dating like a gf/bf and I know that's what she wants because she hints at it frmo time to time.

8

Most Helpful Girl

• There are not enough characters allowed for me to even start explaining how a girl brain works.
    It might be friends with benefits situation to you but to her it is hope. Every time you sleep together she sees it as another drop in the jar towards relationship. (This isn't always the case, two people can mutually decide it really is just sex, I've done that with many men.) She is hinting at the relationship thing, and she must be hinting strong since you picked up on it. Men typically are not known for catching on to hints. The more you are in contact with her, and the more you hang out with her etc, the more she thinks there is a chance that one day you are going to wake up and say "I WANT THIS GIRL TO BE MY GIRLFRIEND". We've been taught by movies that your kind does this.
    Writing this I feel like this girl is a fool, however I know I'm doing the exact same thing, just without the sex lol. This is what gives me the authority to answer this.

What Girls Said 7

• I would be honest with her. Let her know that you aren't interested in a relationship. She has to also realize that you don't want this and that if she does want something serious, she will have to find that with some other dude.

Some girls will definitely wait around in hopes that you will realize she is such a wonderful girl and will want to be with her. She hopes that some day you two will be together.

• She's waiting for you to realize you are perfect together and want to marry her and have like 6 kids. No joke. No freaking joke.

She's an adult though, if you told her it's just friends with benefits or mentioned other girls you're seeing... like made it clear this isn't turning into anything (it sounds like you have) then if she chooses to hang around that's her choice. She knows the situation, if she wants to live in hope for some delusion then that's her business.

• Cuz she really likes you and thinks if she stays around you, sleeps with you, an proves to you that she would be great for you, then you will eventually commit to her. been there, done that. the guy usually doesn't see this lol. you should not take her for granted an if you really like her, just make her happy an commit to her.

• Obviously. Why else would I waste my time?

• STOP LEADING HER ON
    Obviously she likes you. Tell her what your intentions are, don't be so cruel
    This is why some girls turn into careless sluts

• yeah it does.

• makes her look kind of desperate or maybe she really thinks you are her soulmate or something