Guys do you ever just not want a relationship?

Do the timing in your life, your finances, whatever the case may be do you ever just not want a relationship? I met this guy and from the beginning he said he didn't want a relationship and wanted to be single so he can play the field but after awhile he was willing to give us a try. The whole two months that we lasted he had a wandering eye so I ended things with him. So do you think that he didn't want a relationship or that he didn't want a relationship with me?

He said that his main reason for having a wandering eye was due to the fact that I'm waiting until marriage to have sex and when he was playing the field or in his other relationships he had never had that problem before

Most Helpful Guy

• "Do the timing in your life, your finances, whatever the case may be do you ever just not want a relationship? "

I am currently in a period of my life where I do not want to interact with girls at all.
    It has been like this for 3 years now.
    I won't try to get a date until I'm satisfied with my professional career.

What Guys Said 5

• This happened to me in my last relationship. At first I told the girl I didn't want a relationship, but when we started clicking she told me if we could give it a try, and I said yes cause I liked her personality, not her looks too much, but as a person she was good. I still had a part of me wondering around, wanting to be single and not feel attached. 3 weeks I lasted until I broke it up. We were pretty different too, but to that you add the fact I wasn't sure of getting in a relationship, and you get a fail.

If you have what he wants in a girl, then he most likely will want you, but if there are things that turn him off, he most likely won't be able to look over that. It's what happened to me. If you find the right girl, you'll end up wanting a relationship with her.

• Were her looks the main thing that turned you off? & my ex said that his main reason for having a wandering eye was due to the fact that I'm waiting until marriage to have sex and when he was playing the field or in his other relationships he had never had that problem before. Does this sound believable?

• Well, her looks were a big part, not gonna lie, but also the fact that we were completely different. She liked that, but I didn't.
      His excuse can be believable if he's someone that considers sex to be important in a relationship.

• I've always tried not to want a relationship, but I somehow always want one and it sucks

• Some guys just want to be in open relationships, like me.
    Cause he wants to see which girl suits him the most by dating multiple of them.
    In other situation, some guys, thought he doesn't have many choices, forced himself to be exclusive. Some may just do it because he wants to get sex.

• I am always up for one, but recently, I have realized that after at most 4 months, I want sex to be a part of the relationship, so there's that.

• I have been there.

What Girls Said 2

• Yeah lol and girls too think like this sometimes. Relationships are too much to deal with for some people. Just like some people want kids and others don't.

• it is possible.