He said he doesn't want to rush things with me because he likes me. Is he being serious?

So I went to my boyfriend's place yesterday. We had dinner and afterwards we started kissing on the couch. anyway, he stopped me several times and said he wanted to take things slow because he 'really liked me'. He said he didn't want to hurt our relationship by rushing into sex or hurting me. I'm a virgin by the way. He said these things as we were both quite turned on, repeatedly saying he really liked me and wasn't just looking for sex.

Why would he be saying this though? usually the guys I've dated in the past have always gone along with it and been more aggressive. (and no he isn't a virgin)

Most Helpful Guy

• Based on his previous relationships, he doesn't want to corrupt your young mind with sex and its pleasures. He wants a solid relationship. A relationship that will be different from him and you.

If he is your first one, then he wants to you to enjoy and feel the true relationship. Not one of those fake ones that some poeple have experienced.

What Guys Said 4

• He's tired of experiencing zipless f#$ks and he wants this to be uniquely different. He considers you to be in a different league. Smile, relax he's ready for a real relationship.

• He just looks like a nice guy. And here comes the proof that you women just can't see where nice guys are

• Haha you're right. The thing is I've been hurt in the past, which is why I'm just a bit surprised as to why a guy would be that nice :)

• He is in love

• Some guys make this ''mistake'' thinking it's their duty to slow things down. I generally think the guy should try and speed things up and the girl should slow thing down if she feels uncomfortable

• I had something like this happen with two different women when I was younger. Ended up never having sex with either of them

• Did you personally slow things down with the women because you really liked them or was it due to something else?

• I didn't slow things down with them because I "really liked them" (thought I did have the second girl do that to me later)

What Girls Said 1

• Oh, honey. He's definitely crazy about you. He knows it's your first time and will want to make it as special as he can. He wants to make sure you know how much he cares and establishes an emotional and mental connection with you before starting a physical one. He also wants to make sure this is what you want and not just your hormones. Don't get to hurt or upset about it, he's actually being really sweet. Just let it happen naturally. Your time will come.