If I've never had a boyfriend and I'm 14 but all my friends have... Is there something wrong with me?

Most Helpful Girl

• No, no, and some more NO!
    Take it from me: been there, done that and I've seen the "future selves” of your friends.
    The truth is that boys cannot take care of a girl’s intricate emotional and mental needs. This is because they’re kids with underdeveloped minds. It’s not their fault. It’s not necessarily a bad thing nor does it negate from the fact that they may be great young boys. It’s just the nature of life and the processes we must go through before we can be aware, precise, and skilled enough to do certain things. Your friends are practice runs for “the real girl” who will be the one to make them sacrifice any and everything.

Boyfriends are a distraction and they tend to be extremely, heavily disappointing. Dating and boys can easily deter a girl from accomplishing other beautiful, less painful things. It seems like women seem to be more mentally, emotionally, and spiritually healthy when they have few romantic encounters because they haven’t exposed their heart to the harsh elements of love. Take your time :) Enjoy the delights of being your age because one day, they will be gone and you will never be able to get them back.

• If it makes you feel any better, I didn’t have my first date or first kiss until I was 18 years old and it was worth every single agonizing bit of wonder! He was AMAZING, respectful, adventurous, studios, daring, handsome, and made me feel like a princess. As apposed to the horny, self-interested boys I’d never had chances with in high school and middle school.

I didn’t experience my first relationship until I was 21 years old and after having my heart twisted, slowly punctured, and drained of vitality, I am SO happy I didn’t waste my adolescent youth on that disappointment! Plus, it was easier to handle with my grown woman mental strength lulz

What Guys Said 12

• Seriously, relationships at that age mean nothing. I had girlfriends even before I turned 14 and they meant nothing, just kissing, but what a true relationship is, that didn't happen.
    Honestly, there's nothing wrong with you. You're still young, you're gonna meet lots of guys and have enough opportunities to get a boyfriend when you're older, so just have fun with your friends now, and later, when it really matters, find a boyfriend.

• I never had my first relationship to age 28, your young yet have fun
    stop worrying you will find out relationships at your age can result
    in more serious things in life..

• There is nothing wrong with you, but you have to wait, dont rush into the relationships like your friends did.

• I doubt ALL your friends are in relationships, dont worry about it. 99% of those relationship would last a really long time anyways

• No there isn't it's normal for you not to have one. when the time comes you'll like a boy and you're gonna date him. don't try and force things toy have no control over.

• No you're still a kid focus on school.

• im 20 and never been in a relationship at all, i personally think im far to young to be getting caught up in that shit! lol just enjoy your life and worry about that crap later :) good luck

• You haven't found the right first guy yet. Besides, there's no need to rush, you're only 14

• There's nothing wrong. You're very young.

• Ohh sweet normie child.

Sweet, naive normie child.

• Lol no... I'll say you're much smarter than you're friends

• No, you're 14, who cares.

What Girls Said 12

• First world problems... I'm 18 and I'm in the same boat but I still don't think it's that much if a tragic situation, it's whatever. Don't fall under peer pressure, just because your friends have been in relationships, doesn't mean you have to have one too. No rush, you're really young.

• not at all...14 is still super young. you have better things to worry about then a boyfriend :)

• I didn't have a boy tell me I was pretty until I was 16. And I didn't have a boyfriend until I was 16.

• Nothing wrong with you

• Nope, nope there isn't :) figure out who you are first and take your time it give for better relationships and you're so young right now so enjoy not having to worrie about it.

• You're 14 don't worry darling you've got all the time in the world :)

• no actually you're pretty young i mean my mom won't let me have a boyfriend til i'm 18

• There's nothing wrong with you
    don't worry about it too much ^^

• nothing wrong with you.

• Having a boyfriend doesn't mean anything. I didn't have one at 14 well I did but I wasn't supposed to. You're 14 what good is a boyfriend gonna do except slow you down.

• HAHAHA hilarious. I had my first boyfriend when I was 16. He is my soulmate. I didn't have to go through thousands of guys. Nah I waited and I got what I wanted. <3

• Lol I hope not 'cause I'm nearly 20 and I've never had a boyfriend. I don't think you need to worry yet :')