Girls, do I need to toot my own horn more during a date?

Ok so i'm very humble and I was raised to not brag about myself or anything like that, but I think I tend to not give myself enough credit. Girls, are you expecting the guy to talk about himself a bunch and prove himself to you? Have I been going about dates the wrong way? To me I think it should be 50/50 where we both gain about the same amount of knowledge about one another. I thought girls hate it when a guy never asks anything about her? Or does the guy need to do like an 80/20 thing where 80 percent is talking about himself and 20 is asking about herself?

Most Helpful Girl

• I want a guy to talk about himself, not to "prove himself to me", but because I'm interested in getting to know him. I agree with you that it should be about 50/50. If he talked too much about himself, then I'd either think he's bragging or think that he doesn't care about getting to know me.

What Girls Said 1

• No. Don't ever brag. That comes off as arrogant. A date should be a back and forth. You ask a question and then she asks one about you. If you make the date all about her, she won't know anything about you and may think you're uninteresting or shy or something else.

If you make it all about you... not attractive.

What Guys Said 3

• No. Ask about her more than talking about yourself, she wants to know if you rather date her or date yourself.
    But when you talk about yourself, brag a little, stay humble, but don't lower yourself, if you achieved something, be proud of it, don't try to make it less important just to appear more humble.

• As a guy you should take the lead. To be honest u come off as a guy so humble to the point of being dreadfully boring.

So yes, toot your horn some more! :-D

• 50/50's always da best man!