How can you make sure your relationship is an equal partnership rather then a relationship that is authoritarian?

0|0
1|4

Most Helpful Girl

• 1. Mutual respect and actually viewing the other person as an equal. Believing that their wants, needs, goals, and desires are just as important as yours.

2. Equal contribution to the relationship. In my own relationship, this means that we contribute equally financially and in domestic responsibilities. Although, I don't think that necessarily has to be the case, so long as both people see each other's contributions as equally important. To me, equal contribution also includes all the other things you give in a relationship, such as emotional support, showing your appreciation to each other, etc. This doesn't necessarily mean that you treat your partner exactly the same way they treat you. For example, what you need from your partner in order to feel supported or appreciated might be different from what they need from you in order to feel supported or appreciated, and that's okay, so long as you're both putting in the effort to support and show your appreciation of each other.

3. An equal voice in decision-making. This is easiest when the two people in a relationship are similar-minded (i. e. they have similar goals, similar values, similar tastes, etc.), since you'll have fewer situations where you have radically different opinions about a situation. Both people have to be willing to compromise, and it can't always be the same person being made to compromise. Coming to a compromise might be meeting each other in the middle, or it might mean that one person gets their way this time, but the other gets their way another time.

4. Good communication skills. Since an equal relationship involves working together, it's important to be able to talk about problems, talk about your feelings, be able to understand each other's point of view and empathize with each other. Empathy is a very important trait to have in order to view your partner as your equal, since you need to be able to understand and respect each other, even if you disagree.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion!

What Guys Said 4

• if she likes u, as much as u do 8)

1|0
    0|0
  • Make equal salaries. Honestly, that's what I think.

0|0
    0|0
  • Don't force them to do anything that you wouldn't like them making you do.

0|0
    0|0
  • When u feel like ur a team u and her against the world

0|0
    0|0