Would you rather date someone attractive and physically unhealthy or vice versa?

Let me go into more detail. Let's say you find someone attractive: Whether it be by looks, personality, the way they treat you or emotional attachment (or ALL of those factors.) However, you found out they were in poor physical health. It may or may NOT be their fault. It can be clogged arteries, high blood pressure, diabetes, cancer, liver damage, lunges damage, etc. Either way, you're looking at this great "catch" of a person but they're unhealthy.

Now, let's say you found someone healthy (with virtually no health problems at all) but they were unattractive to you: Whether it be physical, emotional, personality-wise, or the way they treat you.

Which one would you rather date? And you can't say "both attractive and healthy", because this is a hypothetical scenario here. And please don't give some bogus answer "But if you're attractive, you ARE healthy" because that's not true at all. The only reason I'm asking this question is because I hear SOOOO many times that people find bad health a "turn-off", which I find shallow. I can understand if it's due to the fault of the person, there is a point of view to see there, but if it's not their fault, this is just harsh.

• I would rather date someone attractive in poor physical health
  • I would rather date someone unattractive in adequate physical health
@PT1911 Once again, a through and well thought-out answer! Nice job.

Most Helpful Guy

• My dad is type 2 diabetic and ever since that fateful day when he got diagnosed he's turned around lifestyle. Type 1 is genetic, usually impossible to avoid

I'd go with option A, sometimes you can look physically healthy, but your insides are messed up beyond description. That genetics thing is true, though liver damage I will attribute to alcoholism/drug abuse. I can't really think of any other cause, in which case that would be a "turn off".

There is a difference between good looking and attractive, people here and in the real world constantly mix up the two.

That's why whenever I see a gym jock, both male and female, I get the impression that they have less personality than the rocks I would throw at lakes. Looking good for the sake of looking good is a hedonistic, selfish goal. I'm starting to workout again because I lived an extremely unhealthy lifestyle in college and I want to undo that damage done by 5 years if stagnation and laziness.

Anyway, total tangent, option A, because you can still be looking healthy, but have a crap ton of internal problems. Also, I'm not waking up next to any woman that has a shitty personality.

• You make great points!

And when I did mention attraction, I was taking into account looks, personality, emotional attachment and the way they treat you. I'm shallow and only care about looks but I'm not picky at all. I would date probably 90 percent of the girls in our age group lol.

What Girls Said 2

• I can't date someone, I don't find attractive.

• I agree. I'm not picky at all, but I am shallow when it comes to physical attraction. The girl has to at LEAST be a 4/10 in beauty.

• It what matted on the inside not outside. If they r a good person in general that's all that matter.

What Guys Said 1

• how do u define poor physical health?

• I mentioned it in the description of the question.

"However, you found out they were in poor physical health. It may or may NOT be their fault. It can be clogged arteries, high blood pressure, diabetes, cancer, liver damage, lunges damage, etc. Either way, you're looking at this great "catch" of a person but they're unhealthy."

There is your answer.

• then let's go wid da unattractive one