Aren't you supposed to date Ur best friend?

Doesn't it make sense to date Ur best friend if they are the opposite gender? You already get along and have a good connection. Why would you go out with someone you barely know but are Attracted to? I don't get it.

Well?

Most Helpful Guy

• Humans love the unattainable and often what makes sense, is not what happens. More common in modern times we often run around chasing the challenge or adventure rather than settling for the sure thing. Taking a risk comes with a certain rush of excitement, the gambler in all of us adores the unknown and unpredictable :) It keeps life interesting whereas being with someone that is part of a routine might seem rather dull in comparison!

It is not a matter of attraction or being compatible with one another! It's odd, bizarre and nonsensical but that's life.

As for the "friend zone" folks are mentioning, I think that is a load of crock! There is not magical zone of friendship. It is about attraction and has nothing to do with a prior friendship. If two friends are attractive then things might just happen at sometime in the friendship. If said friend is more of an ugly duckling then well... Hey, it has to do with attraction, not "the friend zone"

I've dabbled with friends and the friendship has never been ruined. As we mature, sexual relationships become more commonplace and if it does not work out then we tend to revert back to what DID work, in the regular friendship. Losing the former friendship is a matter of choice on both sides and can be avoided with a dash of maturity thrown into the mix.

What Guys Said 9

• i think sometimes someone seems to be the perfect fit, but you aren't attracted to them on an intimate level

I think if a level of intimacy already exists between good friends that they should give love a shot and date eachother
    and if you 2 are really good friends even if you break up you should be able to remain friends and care about each other

it does make complete and total sense

• Makes sense to me. I'm slightly biased though cause my parents used to just be best friends and now they have a great marriage.

• Right, right! I mean, noone can name find a girl in their lives with whom they're still in love with after 5 years. Think f all your "loves" that passed your life. Best option is to find a good friend, who happens to be of opposite gender, and commit to them.

• No...
    No guarantee the spark is there sexually after knowing each other for so long

• I beleive its called the "friendzone" for a reason.
    a wise man "Seananners" (props if you know him) said
    "Girls are like cats. They like the hunt. They don't want a mouse given to them. They want to chase it and hunt it"

• sure your bestie girlfriend isn't the same as your partner. you share things with your boyfriend that you can't tell your BFF girlfriend about. your boyfriend becomes your bestest friend, it doesn't happen straight away but the longer you spend with them the stronger the connection grows

• Because if the relationship ruined later then you will also losta gud friend of yours bt yeah some people takes chances like me im commited to my best friend.

• That would be ideal. But most people are either too afraid to, aren't attracted to them, or are just too stupid or immature to realize it.

• Two words: Friend zone

What Girls Said 3

• I don't think I would date my best friend because I literally don't see them in that way, I've tried to and it just didn't work, I couldn't even bring myself to think about kissing them, him and I, don't make sense. I guess we date "new" people because they're new and we feel like there's more to know

• Can you explain why this is, and why you became friends rather then dated in the first place?
      Are they not sexually attractive to you or is there something else that stops you?

• @sawno Attraction just isn't there for me! That's what stops me, I've cuddled with them when I have a bad day but thats about it

• If the relationship doesn't work would you be okay with ruining the relationship you had before you guys dated?

• Because maybe they aren't attracted to their best friend, their best friend isn't attracted to them, their best friend is dating someone else, etc .

I have a lot of really good guy friends, I only have 2 female friends, but I'm not attracted to them and the one I am somewhat attracted to, is in love with his girlfriend.