Guys, Do you like gamer girls?

Well, obviously every guy is different and has different tastes, haha.
What I mean is, do you like having a girl who actually plays games with you, might not be the girliest girl in the world, basically, a gal that you can hang out with and play games, that sort of thing :]
Do you appreciate having a gal pal like that, and could you be attracted to one, possibly? Also, is it true what the memes say- if you teach a girl how to play a game, she's kinda important (plus you need a healer, lel)
But like I said, obviously people have different tastes, and nerdy girls are not for everybody :]

31

Most Helpful Guy

• I want this in a girl. I like being able to hang out with girls like that. I'm not explicitly looking for sex, but it's an attractive quality and it's an environment where I get to become closer to a girl and spend time with her so I'll consider being intimate with her. If she's not attractive to me, then I'll still play games with her. It's the same as any other environment. Even if I"m attracted to you that just means you're my friend who I'm attracted to, no big deal.

I think most guys prefer to do everything with girls, gaming included, as a basic instinctual thing, but still there's no expectation of sex, just that subconscious urge to be closer to potential (sex) partners. It doesn't mean we're not friends but because I have the hots for gamer girls (until I see them).

I don't subscribe to gender distinctions that say girls have to do girl stuff and womanly things to make me feel like a man. In fact girls who want to be "my girl" but not so much my friend are off-putting.

• Basically me and Nuqood are naturally opposed on this subject. It's not that I don't love feminine energy (because I REALLY do), it's just that I think it comes from the person and it's not really dependent on what you're doing.

Am I making sense?

What Guys Said 30

• How she looks, dresses, her physical shape, attitude, and personality are way more important than a hobby. Don't get me wrong, shared hobbies are great for a relationship, but there is so much more that is more important.

• As long as that's not how they label themselves. And I don't really game anymore but I might if I had someone to play with.

• Let's assume they're just a normal gal that happens to like playing games :]
      The more the merrier I always say :]

• Sure, that sounds fine. I wouldn't like/dislike her based on that though.

• Being a gamer doesn't automatically make a girl attractive. She has to already be attractive for me to be attracted to her. But it'd certainly be a plus if she shared my interests like you do.

• And to add on to that. I like when women act feminine and womanly. So if her hobbies conflict with her femininity, then I'd rather her not have that hobby.

To put it simply, i don't think I'd really like a "gamer girl" per say (unless i was just friends with her), but i would rather her be feminine and serve the purpose of a girlfriend, but be open minded to video games, and let me teach her as a bonding experience.

Plus... i think its cute when girls suck at video games but play anyway :3

• i suck at videogames but used to enjoy them a lot

i guess so, i wouldn't mind dating a gamer girl at all

• 0|0
  • I am a gamer. Currently playing Alien Isolation. Scarriest game I have ever played. I would have loved if my girl was also into games. My younger sister is into games. When she comes and visit we always play role playing games together. The world definitely need more gamer girls and less feminist barbie dolls.

• oh yes, i find it brilliant and sexy when a girl shares those sort of interests with me, i like a girl who can get competetive with me

• I want a woman to be a woman, not a buddy. I have male friends to play video games with, so what's the point in hanging out with a female who plays games? My friends provide me with the guy hangout stuff; Women provide me with the sex and pampering and making me feel like a man.

I wouldn't seek a 'gamer girl' unless she was attractive and was offering me more than what my guy friends can already provide, which brings me back to point 1 of wanting feminine energy, not pseudo-male energy.

• I see what you mean, and I'm not bagging you out, but as one myself, I have to disagree. I think (just my opinion, you're not wrong!) that girls and guys can be friends without the girl having to have sex with a dude. I am curious though, given your take on things, guys that do play games with girls, do you think they are after sex? Because as you said, they can easily just play with guy mates, so..
      Thanks for your opinion! :]

• I can't speak for anyone but myself. I can say for a fact that any one of your guy friends would not reject you if you offered sex, but that's about all I can say. I know that I personally can't be friends with women, and I feel like a LOT of men who are friends with women got themselves there by hiding their intentions and taking what they could get, but who knows?

Not to make this personal, but (in regards to the boys n girls can be friends comment) I can guarantee you that we wouldn't be friends unless I found you ugly. If I thought you were attractive, I'd want to have sex with you, and what kind of friendship is that? Plus I prob wouldn't hang out if I didn't think I'd get sex. No offense, I'm just not someone that ignores my sexuality and my nature.

• Well I think its more about shared passions, than one specific passion, but yeah, since I like to game, I'd like a girl that can game with me! (But I'M the healer :p)

• Plus for me.

• It's a plus for me as long as she isn't addicted.

• I don't have time to play video games myself, but I suppose it doesn't matter. Though I don't meet much girl gamers and am inclined to think they are careless and lack sense of responsibility: that is biased thinking, sadly - stereotypes.

• I like gamer girls as one of the guys; you know as friends?

• Only if her KD is above mine!

• I dont see how a girls hobbies have anything to do with me being attracted I'f I'm attracted I am. I'm not into videogames anymore but hey I'm opne minded

• I like them, I've played on xbl with some girls like on GTA heists, depends how nerdy though lol, I'm kinda nerdy myself but not too much I think

• Go play Triad wars, its a online game girls like that game. In fact i don't like girls who like video games but online games are different :)

• I like gamer girls, obviously, because that is one of my hobbies.
    However, I am currently attracted to a blind girl who obviously cannot play videogames, so it is not the most important thing on my list.

• Of course!
    Especially if she likes the same games as me!
    Just as long as she doesn't like games of the heart. :p

by the way, what's lel? ;)

• Yes for sure. It doesn't matter to me what a girls activities are games are good.

• YES YES OF COURSE

• i think most do, but we don't like to loose to them very often

• Competitive, eh? :P

• not me really, but i can see it hurting someone's self-esteem if his girlfriend keeps beating him at his favorite video games

• Haha, yeah, I can see how that would be. Trust me, us ladies are the same when dudes beat us at our favourite games :P

• the key to his heart is: left, left, down, A, B, B, A lol

yes we do, but not all you gamer girls put that you like vid games in your profiles on dating sites so we dont know where to find girls like you...

• They should! I think the problem is that some girls think its more of a 'guy' thing to like, which is silly, but...:/

• Well if she social and a gamer too... why not!

• hell yes!!

• Yes. I kinda like a lot of different things, but that is a great quality to have.

• I'm kinda obsessed with pokemon, so I'd like it if a girl was into that stuff too. Some games are meant for multiplayer.

• umm yeah pretty.

• yess we do like gamer girls.

• Yeah, you pretty much described my dream girl.