"Best friends become the best lovers" only work if there is slight attraction to begin with when they first meet?

Even if a boy and girl are best friends for 5 years, and turn into lovers. Is that only possible if they have had at least slight attraction they always have had since they first met?

And if there's zero attraction from one or both parties, is it certain they will never click, not even in a million years?

31

Most Helpful Girl

• With absolutely zero attraction nothing's gonna happen, that's for sure.

What Girls Said 2

• Not even in a million years.. lol

• Hmmm. The guy that I've gone the farthest with is a friend of mine and when I first met him I was not attracted to him at all. We were in high school when we met. Our friendship is what made me fall for him, and getting to know him first. So I can confidentiality say that one friend can not be attracted and they can eventually still click. However, whether or not he was initially attracted to me, I don't know. I do know he was trying really hard not to fall for anyone at the time.

What Guys Said 1

• I wouldn't say impossible, but something would need to change.
    A simpler example is me and my hate for county music.

5 years ago, it made my ears bleed, but after lots of exposure, a shift in the genre and a bit of crossover openmindedness, I don't mind it

Good luck