IS it paranoid to think that dating sites have lurking pedophiles and serial killers on them?

Most Helpful Guy

• No its not. But if you consider paedophiles and serial killers are predators then they will always be found where they're prey is. In the case of peados they will often be found working in schools and nursery's as a teacher or janitor or as a scout leader. Serial killers can be found anywhere where they can get u alone. Rapists mostly will be found around nightclubs waiting to get u alone. It can be a big bad world out there and the Internets no different. If your planning to date off dating websites take measures to vet dates as the may not always be 100% honest.

What Guys Said 7

• No more paranoid than to think that there are pedophiles and serial killers lurking in places IRL. There probably are, even at the bank... But you've just got to ask yourself if your going to let paranoia run your life and stop trying to meet new, and wonderful people because a small number of them might be horrible, evil, despicable, people.

• Yeah, it's normal because there are creepy people on dating sites, beyond the normal ones.

by the way hilarious gif

• I'm afraid it's not paranoid Sally... you can assume that 199 out of 200 people are "very OK" and you could date them. But number 200 will not tell us, unfortunately :o

• Maybe a little bit. Although I would consider it "justifiably paranoid". There's a lot of shady characters out there.

• Why would a pedophile be on a dating site? I think you would more likely find them in chatrooms. mSerial killers of course are everywhere. Always meet in a public place and tell a friend where you are going/who you are meeting.

• No it's normal, there are a lot of creeps on there. But there are also decent human beings, just take your time to get to know them and when you're ready, ONLY then you can meet up at some public place

• I think it's normal to be concerned. A lot of sick and creepy people to watch out for these days.

What Girls Said 3

• Look at all the weirdos on GaG and people aren't even looking to meet one another here. I think it's perfectly reasonable to be super careful about who you meet online let alone *dating* sites.

• No it is not paranoia. That's why you need to be careful on sites like these.

• Why would a pedofile be interested in people on a dating site? It's all adults?

• Is it? I thought there was an age range thing where teenagers can go there too...
      Not like there has never been a child who lied and made a fake profile to mess with others... I don't know., I've never gone on dating sites.

• It's pretty much aimed at Middle Aged people
      Pedos are more of a danger on places like Facebook
      But online dating I would be cautious before meeting up with someone and not giving too much information.

• Trying to date single moms.