Would it be wrong to date someone just for companionship while knowing there is no future with them?

I really just want someone to share time with and cuddle with and things like that. I feel as though it's wrong because if someone I have a real connection with comes along I don't want to hurt the person. Am I right to think it's wrong would someone be ok with knowing it's a temeporary relationship. I haven't met someone I've had a true connection with since my crush left but I'm starting to get tired of being alone.

Most Helpful Guy

• If both people agree that it's friends with benefits, then fine. Feelings might still evolve, but such is life. I think you should try it out if it appeals to you :) You aren't responsible for other people's actions, as long as you don't lead them on.

What Girls Said 3

• As long as you tell them your intentions and they are okay with them

• i feel like its wrong because if they get attached that will be bad

• You should never lead someone on like that cuz you will inevitable hurt them and its just selfish

• I know that's why I haven't I just wanted others opinions to know I'm right.

What Guys Said 5

• I'd say it was wrong because it wouldn't be fair on the other person. However if you're both in the same boat and the pair of you are only interested in something temporary, then go for it. Just make sure that you don't string your partner along if all you want is something short-term.

• I'm just worried that one of us is bound to get hurt.

• I wouldn't do it

• If you made your intentions clear to the other person, it's perfectly fine...

• Yes... has happemed with me.. it really hurts

• yes but i have done it.